Maintenance or honest mistake or ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Maintenance or honest mistake or ???

I have been with the Annapolis Sheehy now Bayside Dealership for a few years. Service has been great and the staff is friendly, professional etc.

At 96k took it in for the 90k. They were transitioning between the dealerships sheehy and bayside and hybrid tech was not in, but they did the majority of 90k maintenance other than coolants and plugs was charged a little over 500. Around the 105k (now 106) I noticed when switching over to evmode, it takes a little more time or the transition was not smooth. Checked here and a few other forums seems to state a carbon build up as the problem.

So they told me on Friday, it would cost me 5.8k for the repair (ruined my weekend) NTB10-056A is the tech service bulletin. Sort of shocked, the hybrid tech said it could be just coils and plugs. So, I was like okay lets go with the coils and plugs + oil change + transmission flush and finish off the 90k since I haven't been able to meet up with tech, until now. So I give them my NAH Friday, they finished Saturday and I picked it today. I drove it straight from the dealership to work about 70 miles. I notice it transitioned to evmode real quick overall amazing feeling. So get ready to go to lunch start it up. Transitions quick to evmode and so i start to accelerate around 25 mph it shakes hard then at 40 then 50. When I let off the gas it starts to shake hard, almost like the gas pedal was kicking back. I never had this problem. I called them a few minutes ago told them a new problem has come up and I will bring it tomorrow morning, they will give me a enterprise car. I went from a small shake which wasn't too annoying was only for a second at best to now my entire car shakes and vibrates really hard.

Any ideas? I am hoping they didn't put the wrong oil / transmission / fluid in my system. While I am covered under the drivetrain, I still do not want it to be the drivetrain, I am hoping it is something they forgot to do something very small and it is a quick fix and I can continue driving my NAH. Just hate to see my car in such a bad shape, this mistake or whatever was done is causing this really violent shake and vibration now.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Maintenance or honest mistake or ???

Well here is the update. I went up to Nissan on Oct 24 and then again November 8th to talk to manager. Both days I missed him. Started searching for car parts for the 6k maintenance at the local auto zone. One of the employees said I am there too much buying parts for my car, so, showed him the “new parts” I needed. He said before you purchase all those have you had someone take a second look. I said, ”no and are there any recommendations he would have?” He recommended trying a small local place called Four Ts. So I took it to them, after about an hour, they asked if they could pull the spark plugs out. I said okay and where I had the misfiring cylinder I had a spark plug that was cracked on two sides. Four Ts replaced the part and said I should have Nissan replace it and that driving on a cracked spark plug is terrible for the car. Took the car back up to Nissan and showed the manager the bill for replacement and the cracked spark plug and he said he would refund me the money and not sure how his technician could overlook that. He offered free service for the car such oil changes and small stuff and asked me to give Nissan another shot. Told him the terrible thing about this situation is, “I already got the new spark plugs had I paid the additional 6k for the rest of repair, my car would still be shaking and then my lack of trust in them would lead me to believe they would replace the spark plug and say it was 6k repair that was needed and not the cracked spark plug.” I have been with Annapolis Nissan for nearly five years as the go to repair place for my hybrid. Still have not received my payment from Nissan and the car while running insanely smooth, has a little problem during the cold days on start up but nothing major(I believe). Anyway, any advice what I should do next?

Old 11-14-2015, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast

Did you ever get your refund?

Old 11-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ricomachiavelli
Did you ever get your refund?
Yeah I got my refund and they did a lot of additional small things, free alignment, balance and rotation, full detail (had car for half a day but looked brand new), reduce cost on a lot of labor. I am still with them have not had a problem since then. Winter is coming up and I am waiting on the small knock to come back, so we will see.

Honestly, my only problem with them right now since the service has been so good is I want to buy a Leaf from them but their dealership does not sell it.