ima battery on / off switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default ima battery on / off switch

Hello Honda masters This is my first time on line and im not a mechanic but im trying to find a short that is draining my 12 v battery in 3 hours from the time I turn it off. I have just installed a quick connect terminal to the neg post on my battery and this seems to at least let me come out to my car the next morning and have it fire right up. BUT MY FIRST QUESTION is can I drive my car with the switch in the off position on my hybrid battery that is behind the seat ?????

Old 02-25-2017, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: ima battery on / off switch

I have 179,000 miles on the car and I relly don't want to spend much more money on this car I want to find the short and have cleaned all the cables, stripped back the coating on the wire to see if there is any corrosion but all looks good The battery is brand new I know that the ima battery is in need of replacing but like I said money is an issue for wantint to replace it knowing it could also be the ima control part that is installed between the motor and trans aand has the magnet's that charge the system
Please forgive my lack of proper knowledge on mechanical terminology

Old 02-25-2017, 07:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ima battery on / off switch

You have to bypass it:

http://www.prolongima.com/hch/removal/bypass.html

Likely won't address your 12V problem. You have a massive parasitic drain.