700 Milers.. OK, How are you doing it?? :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 700 Milers.. OK, How are you doing it?? :)

Originally Posted by haroldo
Which is a very good site but still does not hit everywhere. I just searched on my parents location and there is nothing.

I hope sites like that will keep growing. They are a great resource and fun way to make friends. The company I work for has a carpooling initiative. Not sure how well it is working out. They give super close parking spots to carpoolers.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:30 AM

there are others, Google "carpool"

Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo
there are others, Google "carpool"
Sorry, I really meant sites of that type. I wonder if employers will ever offer fuel stipends to their employees. I don't want to get too far off the topic of this thread though...so I will hit 700 miles one day....one day.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:02 AM

Yes, there are a number of other carpool sites...
http://carpoolconnect.com/
http://www.carpoolworld.com/
http://www.ridesearch.com/

Old 04-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've had several 700 mile tanks....as a matter of fact, my last tank was @ 746miles using 16.992 gallons of gas

I always assume current FE readout and multiply that by 15... whatever number I get is guaranteed (e.g. 40mpg * 15 = 600miles guaranteed). If I want to push it, I simply add 40miles to that total and it always works out fine.

My current tank has about .25 tank left and I'm at 545miles with 45.9mpg....My estimate is at least 700miles before my next fillup.... I've done this so many times that I don't even pay attention to the yellow warning light anymore. I focus on miles driven vs. current FE.

Btw I have over 40,000miles on my TCH....yea I drive a lot....

Old 04-18-2008, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by chiedoziedike
I've had several 700 mile tanks....as a matter of fact, my last tank was @ 746miles using 16.992 gallons of gas

I always assume current FE readout and multiply that by 15... whatever number I get is guaranteed (e.g. 40mpg * 15 = 600miles guaranteed). If I want to push it, I simply add 40miles to that total and it always works out fine.

My current tank has about .25 tank left and I'm at 545miles with 45.9mpg....My estimate is at least 700miles before my next fillup.... I've done this so many times that I don't even pay attention to the yellow warning light anymore. I focus on miles driven vs. current FE.

Btw I have over 40,000miles on my TCH....yea I drive a lot....
Yeah those silly gas lights...I only see mine once a month and it is so weird when it turns on! I actually forgot which side the fuel fill line was one the last time I filled up...it was because I had driving another car recently for work.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Yeah those silly gas lights...I only see mine once a month and it is so weird when it turns on! I actually forgot which side the fuel fill line was one the last time I filled up...it was because I had driving another car recently for work.
Yeah my problem (still! after almost 2 years!) is remembering to push the button to open the gas tank door _before_ i get out of the car and close the door, hehe.

Weather in Boston's warming up but still not very warm, so my current tank is hitting a nominal ~42 mpg after a half-tank or so, and at this rate I figure I ought to be able to make a 600 mile tank for the first time in months. But another couple of months and I should be able to start seeing tanks of 44-46 mpg and making 700 mile tanks again. Seasonal temp changes make a big difference! But still have to say it's nice to be getting 40+ on a tank again. Been way too long! Stupid winter! hehehe.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Hybrid Heaven!

I'm glad to see others are trusting their gas tanks. I'm still in awe of the fact that my car took over 19 gallons. I should easily be able to top 800 on my next attempt. That would keep me away from the gas station for nearly 2 weeks. My Supra only gives me 350 miles or so, with absolutely no boosting or running low gears. Does the database feature a log of how many miles were driven on a tank of gas? I want to see how many cars are getting 700+ miles on a fill-up. Link would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by DSAN79; 04-18-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DSAN79
I'm glad to see others are trusting their gas tanks. I'm still in awe of the fact that my car took over 19 gallons.
I would be careful about putting in that much gas. If you overfill the tank you can introduce gas into the evaporative emissions canister. This can damage it.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:14 PM

I don't want to be too judgemental, but I hope anyone reading these threads and actually considering trying this will realize that a lot of bad can happen when you try such a silly stunt.
Carefully weigh the damage to your car...or the long walk to the gas station when your car runs out of gas against the 'oh so cool' boast of a 700 mile tank and, hopefully, common sense will win out.
There are more worthwhile goals out there.

Quick Reply: 700 Milers.. OK, How are you doing it?? :)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands