Age of Current TCH Owners ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:32 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Age of Current TCH Owners ?

True, but I've got 9 yrs left of my 40s. I'm just getting started.

I'll be trading my 07 TCH in on a fusion powered 2 seater sports convertible with autodrive and high speed wireless Internet with LCD windshield / TV monitor

Old 06-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Convert

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I like the car, but buying a 5 passenger 4 door family sedan that gets great mileage is hardly getting crazy.

To each their own, I s'pose. I can't wait until I finish paying off my mortgage. But that won't be for another 28 years or so...

At least the TCH will keep me company for a good portion of that time. Perhaps by then they'll have a Camry that runs on water!

Not meaning to pry, Orcrone (well sort of)... how old are you? Will you be raising or lowering the average age of TCH Owners (and potentials).

Current average is now: 36.1

Old 06-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Convert

Oops sorry Orcrone, I didn't catch it on your previous post (46).

Avg: 37.0

Old 06-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

This is not quite true. The credits are scheduled to continue until 2010, however they start getting phased out beginning with the second quarter following the sale of the 60,000th hybrid vehicle for a manufacturer. Toyota just hit their 60,000 this week, so you'll only be able to get the full rebate on Toyotas for cars purchased though Sept 30.

GM has not come out with a hybrid yet. When they do customers will have the tax credit available to them, while Toyota buyers may not. Of course, IRS rules are always changing so there's a chance that Congress could extend them.

BTW, my wife and I are 46 (but she's a very young 46)
I could be wrong, but when I checked on Toyota's sales figures back in May, it looked like they had already sold about 80,000 hybrids at that time (around May 15th). The web site may have had flawed data, I suppose.

What is your source for the 60,000th being sold this week?

Old 06-09-2006, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by spiff72
I could be wrong, but when I checked on Toyota's sales figures back in May, it looked like they had already sold about 80,000 hybrids at that time (around May 15th). The web site may have had flawed data, I suppose.

What is your source for the 60,000th being sold this week?
I read an article online earlier this week that claimed that they sold the 60,000 on June 5. I think I found the link in a thread on this board. But I'm sorry I don't have the link available. Nor do I know if the info was accurat.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Droid13
True, but I've got 9 yrs left of my 40s. I'm just getting started.

I'll be trading my 07 TCH in on a fusion powered 2 seater sports convertible with autodrive and high speed wireless Internet with LCD windshield / TV monitor
Now we're talking!!!

Old 06-09-2006, 08:13 AM

I read an article online earlier this week that claimed that they sold the 60,000 on June 5. I think I found the link in a thread on this board. But I'm sorry I don't have the link available. Nor do I know if the info was accurat.
A quick search revelaed this:

http://priuschat.com/Toyota-Lexus-hy...SA-t20362.html

This claims 60000 was reached in May...

Old 06-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

OK I'll help up the average...I'm 49 and I'm picking up my TCH today. I really don't know how 25 year olds can afford a $28,000 car!! I've been driving my 1993 Camry for 13 years (still reliable with 165,000 miles) so I haven't had a car payment in a long time!

Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Arrow Re: Age of Current TCH Owners ?

51 years old for another 32 days... after that, 52... then 53... when will this ever end??? For my birthday, how about a trunk cargo mat?

Old 06-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Convert

Originally Posted by GreenHawaii
OK I'll help up the average...I'm 49 and I'm picking up my TCH today. I really don't know how 25 year olds can afford a $28,000 car!! I've been driving my 1993 Camry for 13 years (still reliable with 165,000 miles) so I haven't had a car payment in a long time!
Congrats on the car, Green!

Perhaps some of us mid-20-somethings have been blessed or are just lucky. For me, I'm grateful for something called equity and that prices of homes in Southern California are so inflated.

Average age including GreenHawaii and stevenvillatoro is now:

Y'know, this is almost on par with the TCH's average MPG!

Quick Reply: Age of Current TCH Owners ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands