Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   AM Mode Silent (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/am-mode-silent-11228/)

misbe 11-28-2006 09:50 PM

AM Mode Silent

When switching from FM1 to FM2 to CD to AM, occasionally there is no sound on AM although the radio display is on and the preset station is displayed. If I cycle back through again, the sound returns. Any one else experience this?

HybridFan 11-29-2006 08:46 AM

Re: AM Mode Silent

Nope, I haven't experienced this, but just a random "out of the box" idea

Per some [much] earlier posts on this forum, volume settings for FM, CD and Aux are apparently independent, i.e. you need to adjust for each input. I've never bothered to check myself as I typically don't use it anything more than FM.

Not sure whether AM also falls into its own separate category as well, but if it did: could the issue be related to that input's setting only?

nash 11-29-2006 09:05 AM

I've had that happen once. Surprized me as I cranked up to volume past 40 and didn't hear a peep. Like misbe, I cycled back to FM1 (with sound) and back to AM and had sound. I've not been able to re-create it.

Loonbeam 11-29-2006 10:02 AM

I've had this happen off and on on Sat and AM channels - Usually happens when I cycle too fast.

elsifer 11-29-2006 02:41 PM

Yes this did happen to me, but not with AM. I think it was with either the CD or the Satellite, and I was cycling through the inputs fast too. Hmmmmm, sounds like a bug.

SquidSurprise 11-29-2006 08:37 PM

happened to me as I was driving home tonight for the first time... I was cycling from my iPod to the radio... I was pressing the button pretty fast...

Only AM was mute... when I cycled back, it was fine.