Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Best Leather cleaner/protector (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/best-leather-cleaner-protector-21794/)

rickkop 05-24-2009 09:25 PM

Best Leather cleaner/protector

I was wondering what everyone is using to clean the leather interior on your TCH. My first time with a "new" leather interior and I'd like to make that new look last as long as I can. There are a lot of different brands out there. Is one better than the other or are they all the same? Could be interesting. Thanks, Rick

sttkailua 05-25-2009 12:46 AM

Re: Best Leather cleaner/protector

After doing a lot of research, I ended up with a product called Leatherique.

Others swear by saddle soap, which is a lot cheaper.
Leatherique is used by a lot of vintage car collectors/clubs.
I figured that the car collectors/clubs have kept their cars longer
than the average driver keeps their car, so their must have tried
everything that is available.
You can read about it on leatherique.com

The product is hard to find on the retail level. I bought mine online
through a company in Florida.

JoeRemix 05-25-2009 10:22 AM

Re: Best Leather cleaner/protector

I've used both Lexol and Meguiar's products.

I use Lexol when I really want to do a thorough cleaning. I use their Lexol-pH product. Then I condition the leather.

When I'm in a lazy mood, I use Meguiar's wipes. Does a good job, though it seems to not last as long (of course, there's a finite amount of the conditioner in the wipe).

Be advised, the leather seats that come factory installed are "leather-trimmed," meaning the entire seat isn't 100% by leather. I don't recall from speaking to the car salesman at my dealer, but I remember it not even being close to 100% of the seat that was covered. I opted for after-market Katzkin leather seats which cover 100% of the seat and headrests with leather.

Does anyone know exactly which pieces of the factory seats are covered in leather, vs. the vinyl/pleather stuff?