coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

Originally Posted by jpellech
I installed my Lockpick2WF 2 days ago. It seems to unlock the Navigation address input just fine, but now my navigation is not calibrated correctly. I have tried to recalibrate through the menu but this has not worked. Will look at it more closely today after work.

any input on recalibrating??
Looks like jpellech did get the WF version..

Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

i got the av version. I can watch video in motion with my dvd player headrests. Any video input will work including ipods. To enable video input you press mode button on steering wheel to dvd mode which is new, press the up button on steering wheel and video is active. Pressing map button on head unit or down arrow on steering wheel returns screen to nav and 5-10 seconds later the map catches up to where you are. I have a 2007 with 8.1

Old 05-26-2009, 05:38 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teepo112
Looks like jpellech did get the WF version..
I got the AV version and mine has the same problem as jpellech. Not only does it screw up your location, when I try to use the NAV, it randomly errors out saying "not in coverage area" for nearby locations. I was able to get an RMA today to return it.

Last edited by ga20646; 05-26-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Enthusiast

Hi,
New TCH owner.
Just my 2 cents.
I have had a lockpick on my SUV for about a year.
In addition to the issues mentioned by the other owners, the Lockpick seems to have more glitches than a new Windows version.
Somethimes I have a blank screen that won't show anything until I pull over, shut off the car and start it again. Other annoying bugs, that I can't think of.
I won't even consider buying one for my TCH.
Again, just my 2 cents.
Al

Old 05-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I've sent back my Lockpick2. After successfully burning and installing a Nav 8.1 5.1kwi disc in the TCH, I went into the system screen that you use the "overide" function on. I did this with the lockpick2 installed. There were no GPS satellites getting a signal at all. After uninstalling the Lockpick, i got a signal in at least 4 or 5 satellites. The lockpick is a nice idea but for some reason it knocked out my GPS signal. For $200, not worth it. The 8.1/5.1kwi is free (illegally downloaded) although I don't feel like I'm robbing anyone since I own the 8.1 Nav software.

Final, final verdict= get the 8.1/5.1 kwi disc and use the overide function. The Lockpick has lots of potential but a steep price and somewhat poor customer service. They did send me an email and said they would call but never did. The 8 buttons you have to press and the "I agree" and not that annoying at all. Put it this way, my wife picked up the overide after one session...a must as she is my Chewbacca.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Driving in stealth mode

Put it this way, my wife picked up the overide after one session...a must as she is my Chewbacca.
Man i am glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this as I surely would have spit it on the screen. I asked my wife if I could refer to her this way and she said " What as you big hairy sidekick?.....no." Then she just smirked!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Enthusiast

Hi guys, possible answer is:
Maybe it because jpellech, you bought the FW model. it is not for our camry.
read the small print on their web:

Don't know why name had to be bolded? Anyway, I bought the WF version because I am not interested in watching dvd's while driving. Originally i thought you may be able to watch a dvd in the nav dvd slot but in the end, all I wanted was a functional override for bluetooth and navigation input and the lockpick did not do this for me. I am sorry if the "Pro" Lockpick folks out there don't like this but no one offered a workable solution.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ga20646
I got the AV version and mine has the same problem as jpellech. Not only does it screw up your location, when I try to use the NAV, it randomly errors out saying "not in coverage area" for nearby locations. I was able to get an RMA today to return it.
Did you really get an RMA? I read the instruction sheet and it just said to send it back. Perhaps I should have called them anyway, but there's no way I am going to take apart my dash again, although I am pretty quick at it now.

If I have any problems with the return, I'll be sure to start a new thread. Thanks everyone for their input, I hope some of my input was helpful.

Jon

Old 06-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast

Did you really get an RMA? I read the instruction sheet and it just said to send it back. Perhaps I should have called them anyway, but there's no way I am going to take apart my dash again, although I am pretty quick at it now.

If I have any problems with the return, I'll be sure to start a new thread. Thanks everyone for their input, I hope some of my input was helpful.

Jon
jpellech, did you happen to take any photos of the cable harness before installing? I wonder how it looks compared to the other one.
Thanks.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

To jpellech, Just so you know, you helped me. I was thinking of getting this for the same reason you wanted. So I decided against getting it for the same reason you sent it back. I realise it's different for each situation, but for me, the way it works from the factory, the bluetooth and the nav was a big waste of money. Using my cell and the Garmin is a whole lot easier and less frustrating.

Last edited by rickkop; 06-02-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands