Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Cruise Control - Complaints Filed (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/cruise-control-complaints-filed-12314/)

charlesc 02-16-2007 02:19 PM

Re: Cruise Control - Complaints Filed

Originally Posted by alan_in_tempe (Post 112232)
My TCH CC works great. Easily stays within 1 MPH except on rather steep grades, from under 40 to 75 MPH. If mine did what has been reported here, I would be complaining loudly, starting with the dealer and working up from there.

-- Alan

Hi Alan. When did you purchase your TCH and is it a Japanese or US production? Same goes for everyone else with this problem. I bought mine last summer and it is from Japan. Maybe this issue only effects certain models, or cars produced within a certain time frame.

Good point tnsig. My Mothers '02 I4 camry easily holds the cc at within 1 or 2 mph as well. As you point out - maybe this has to do with multiple power sources (gas/electric) and/or the cvt.

alan_in_tempe 02-16-2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by charlesc (Post 112233)
Hi Alan. When did you purchase your TCH and is it a Japanese or US production?

Good question. I was thinking we might be able to find a common denominator to those with the problem.

My TCH with a GOOD cruise control is a low serial number Japanese production, and is fully loaded (Nav, leather, semi-automatic self-canceling intermittent luminous direction intentionality transmitters, sun roof, etc.).

-- Alan

mikieboyblue 02-16-2007 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by alan_in_tempe (Post 112258)
semi-automatic self-canceling intermittent luminous direction intentionality transmitters

Not to hijack this but what the heck is that?

Big-Foot 02-17-2007 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue (Post 112263)
Not to hijack this but what the heck is that?

Turn Signals...

:)

Big-Foot 02-17-2007 06:33 AM

BTW - My TCH (with CC problem) is a late production Japanese built unit with Nav (loaded) and with the optional at no additional charge pneumatic rotary curb feelers.

mikieboyblue 02-17-2007 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Big-Foot (Post 112281)
pneumatic rotary curb feelers.

Tires?

Big-Foot 02-17-2007 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue (Post 112282)
Tires?

Yup... Just ask my wife... ;)

kris 02-17-2007 11:34 AM

Lol. Wives sure do love tire to curb contact.

mikieboyblue 02-17-2007 01:56 PM

LOL ... I love it...

Sorry for getting off topic.

fullofbeans 02-17-2007 07:19 PM

I thought that I'd pipe in too. I also am not crazy about the cruise control. I mentioned this on an early thread months back. I've never had a car that hasd such difficulty sticking to the set speed. My car is in the first 3000 out of Japan. It when it varies speed is on the hills, even gently slopes. It can vary by 7 kph. I'm very disappointed with it. I was also surprised by how slowly the car accelerates with the cruise control. I do hope they correct this of future models. I also hope they allow one to cut out the VDIM (trac control) when one wants to rock their car out of a snow drift, slippery parking lot, etc..