Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Electronic Sounders (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/electronic-sounders-18554/)

LEAKYTCH 06-10-2008 01:30 PM

Electronic Sounders

Has anybody installed an aftermarket electronic sounder, so that when you reverse, others can hear your vehicle coming? This would be a really cool accessory to customize your TCH.

I am considering a custom Klaxon C-series sounder that comes with a comes with a 110 dB single piezo, with high visibility xenon strobe.

That way all the Prius owners will stop and look at me with envy when I back up.

Should I consider the double piezo so I can get 188 dB?

A friend of mine has one and says all the chicks dig it too;)

mikieboyblue 06-10-2008 02:51 PM

Re: Electronic Sounders

Originally Posted by LEAKYTCH (Post 176012)

Bigger is better right ;) ?

SPL 06-11-2008 09:36 AM

LEAKYTCH — Double the power of 110 dB gets you only 113 dB I'm afraid! (It's a logarithmic scale.) 188 dB would represent a pressure variation almost equal to atmospheric pressure — the kind of thing that happens in a thermonuclear explosion — and probably not what you want to try in the parking lot. It would, however, certainly blow the chicks away!

Stan

raven77 06-12-2008 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by LEAKYTCH (Post 176012)
Has anybody installed an aftermarket electronic sounder, so that when you reverse, others can hear your vehicle coming? This would be a really cool accessory to customize your TCH.

I am considering a custom Klaxon C-series sounder that comes with a comes with a 110 dB single piezo, with high visibility xenon strobe.

That way all the Prius owners will stop and look at me with envy when I back up.

You want your car to beep when you back up? Like a forklift?
hmmm Thats strange. :confused:
I dont think I would like that at all, but to each his own!
:)