Go Look inside your armrest

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Go Look inside your armrest

Do you see a little slot in the very front (toward the front of the car)? Anybody have any idea what purpose that serves? Other than maybe credit cards, which would be pointless, I couldn't figure out today what they designed that to do.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Go Look inside your armrest

I figured it was to hold small papers or maps, maybe gum or napkins? I think it could be handy. I like the tray as well and am very impressed with all of the storage.

Old 03-31-2007, 05:27 AM
Enthusiast

I use it to hold a small folded microfiber towel I use to wipe my fingerprints off the Nav touchscreen when it gets noticeable. My wife puts her sunglasses on her side and, surprisingly, they don't rattle.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:48 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

I use that tray to hold my Metro train Smart Trip card, my Best Buy Reward Zone member card, and several grocery store discount cards. Why carry that junk in my wallet when there's a perfectly sized storage area for it in the car.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by kris
Do you see a little slot in the very front (toward the front of the car)? Anybody have any idea what purpose that serves? Other than maybe credit cards, which would be pointless, I couldn't figure out today what they designed that to do.
At first it looked like it would hold a single tape cassette. But alas no tape player. Probably for the stack of "Valet Cards" for the carwash attentents and parking lot jockies or maybe business cards?

Old 03-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

I was told it was for holding change (ie to give to Panhandlers, Parking meters).

Old 03-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by titaniummd
I was told it was for holding change (ie to give to Panhandlers, Parking meters).
That's what the little drawer to the left of the steering wheel is for. If you put change in the slot the OP is talking about it would be difficult to get it out without tweezers.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by schmidtj
That's what the little drawer to the left of the steering wheel is for. If you put change in the slot the OP is talking about it would be difficult to get it out without tweezers.
That's where I keep the microfiber cloth for cleaning my sunglasses, and the mag-stripe card that lets me into the parking garage at work.

Old 03-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by jay_man2
I use that tray to hold my Metro train Smart Trip card, my Best Buy Reward Zone member card, and several grocery store discount cards. Why carry that junk in my wallet when there's a perfectly sized storage area for it in the car.
That's axactly what I use mine for. My wallet is half as thick now!!

I've been storing my microfibre cloth in the sunglass holder with the glasses.

I wish Toyota had come up with a better coin holder. That drawer is hard to get change out of with much of it falling on the floor.

Old 03-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I never even noticed it. I'll have to figure out something to stick in there. No point in having a place to stick something and have nothing in there

I also have a microfiber cloth that I use to wipe the Nav off with but I keep that in the change holder.

I'm still amazed at how much space our center console has...loving it

Quick Reply: Go Look inside your armrest

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands