Headrest uncomfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Headrest uncomfortable?

I just finshed a 4500 Km trip over two weeks. I keep my seat back straight up, with the headrest touching the back of my head. I couldn't be happier with the comfort. For reference, I'm 5'9'.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm 5'11" and find it very comfortable having the headrest just touch the back of my head. My wife, though, at just under 5' finds the headrest pushes her head too far forward, by a large margin. So she pulls the headrest way upward and relies on the top edge of the seat itself. I do miss the tilting headrest from my 1999 VW Passat, which was easily adjusted for either of us.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2008 Honda Accord and got a bad head and neck pain after 20 minutes of driving. After going around and around with Honda I went on a car search today for alternatives. The Toyota 2005 - 2006 Camry headrest not only fits my car, but the leather is not a bad match either. I was going to have the tubing bent as did another owner, but was afraid it would break. Anyone that thinks the new car headrest is comfortable is got to be 6' tall because anything else forces your head in a forward head posture. I am a physical therapist assistant and have worked on ergonomics in the work place. I have contacted consumer reports and asked them to conduct a study on the head restraints. I suggest we all get together and make a change.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paulgw

They should be designed to be "comfortable"!! Nothing like a 1,500 mile trip being "uncomfortable" There has to be a remedy for these head rest's
Originally Posted by jenaysmith
I have a 2008 Honda Accord and got a bad head and neck pain after 20 minutes of driving. After going around and around with Honda I went on a car search today for alternatives. The Toyota 2005 - 2006 Camry headrest not only fits my car, but the leather is not a bad match either. I was going to have the tubing bent as did another owner, but was afraid it would break. Anyone that thinks the new car headrest is comfortable is got to be 6' tall because anything else forces your head in a forward head posture. I am a physical therapist assistant and have worked on ergonomics in the work place. I have contacted consumer reports and asked them to conduct a study on the head restraints. I suggest we all get together and make a change.
My aunt makes a neck/headrest pillow. My aunt, uncle, cousins and even myself like to take roadtrips and long distance drives. The pillows that my aunt makes are very comfortable. It supports and contours your neck. People who sit in my car just temporarily compliment them.

I have pictures of them on my cardomain.

We have them in our Acura TL, three Scion tC's, Nissan Maxima, Nissan Sentra, Honda Pilot, Ford Taurus, Camry SE, Honda Odyssey, two Honda Accords, Toyota Highlander, Sienna, Toyota Corolla. Pretty much any car in the family...it has. Will fit any adjustable headrest. Sold some on eBay a while back, to coworkers and some on ToyotaNation. No complaints.

Last edited by dcemureviews; 11-04-2008 at 11:12 AM.