Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   That hidden "eco" button? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/hidden-eco-button-16795/)

Bobby Soprano 01-19-2008 12:36 PM

Re: That hidden "eco" button?

Originally Posted by rmorrow (Post 158843)
Especially when so many people have different ideas of what perfect would mean...

You're absolutely right. I can't find much to complain about anyway. I'm extremely happy with the car.

Gerbacio_pr 08-02-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by nicst47 (Post 158847)
You are correct. It does light up with a green light. It was only visible at night. During the daylight hours, I couldn't tell if the green light was on or not.

for future reference cant have the temp on high or low

SanAntonio Joe 08-04-2010 09:37 AM

FUEL FILLER door? Dang it, I thought that was the high-speed brake! Oh well, no more 'Top Gun' reruns for me....

Of course, if I could get a KC-135 or KC-10 to fly low enough, I guess I could try refueling while inflight, er, I mean while driving.

GvilleTCH 08-04-2010 01:01 PM

The synapse I use is : Inside button = Inside Eco , Outside Button = Outside fuel filler cover.

ftrplt 08-06-2010 10:19 PM

I am not so sure that the ECO button does much at all. I live in Tucson, AZ and with the average daily temperature during the summer above 100 degrees, I have stopped using it. Even though my wife (known far and wide as "Leadfoot Linda") drives the car most of the time, I have been running above 36 MPG in city driving. (this is not from the car computer but from dividing the number of miles by the gallons used) My Camry is a 2007 Hybrid with 76,000 miles on it. I keep the tire pressure at 40 PSI and on long trips I cruise at 70 MPH and average 40.2 MPG using cruise control. I have not had a maintenance problem since I bought the car in 2007.