How Much Is the Key Fob???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How many key fobs should I receive?

Originally Posted by gvlgal
I have a question. I have purchased a TCH that I am going to get tomorrow. When the salesman thought I was going to take the car yesterday he handed me the key fob and the owner's manuals, but I had driven there alone and had no way to drive 2 cars at once, so I told him I would get it this coming week. Shouldn't I receive 2 key fobs with the car? I thought 2 were standard.

Thanks!
Yes, there should be 2 fobs. Perhaps the other one is still with the car, so they can move it, if need be, before you pick it up?

Old 07-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How many key fobs should I receive?

Originally Posted by gvlgal
I have a question. I have purchased a TCH that I am going to get tomorrow. When the salesman thought I was going to take the car yesterday he handed me the key fob and the owner's manuals, but I had driven there alone and had no way to drive 2 cars at once, so I told him I would get it this coming week. Shouldn't I receive 2 key fobs with the car? I thought 2 were standard.

Thanks!
We bought a Honda Odessey which was supposed to come with two remotes w/ keys and a valet key. Low and behold, they gave us one remote w/ key and the valet key only. I had to show the Honda dealer the manual which clearly state the prior before they would admit they were wrong. Watch out for this underhanded tactic. Your TCH should come with two fobs.

Speaking of valet keys, the TCH has none, but you can release the key and lock both the glove box and the trunk with the key, eliminating access to both. Simply had over the keyless fob to the valet. Cool.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: How Much Is the Key Fob???

How do you lock that trunk when there is a release right on the floor by the driver's seat?

Old 07-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How Much Is the Key Fob???

Originally Posted by ag4ever
How do you lock that trunk when there is a release right on the floor by the driver's seat?
I believe by using the metal key and turning the key horizontal in the lock, and removing the key while in the horizontal position. This disables the inside release.

edit: Yup! Just confirmed it...Turn the key counter clockwise in the trunk lock, and remove the key, and it disables the inside release.

Last edited by jbollt; 07-02-2007 at 08:28 AM.