Impatient...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Impatient...

I have only had my deposit in for 12 days, and already I am feeling very impatient. I want to have my car before the tax credit decreases. I want the color I want, BUT... I am afraid that my color choice might mean 3-4 months of waiting.

I called the dealership today (first time I called since the day we dropped off the deposit check). My salesperson wasn't in today, so I spoke with the manager in charge of the ordered vehicles/waiting list. He said it could be 6 weeks or it could be 4 months. There is no real way to tell.

He said if I wanted a vehicle today he could sell me the white one I test drove, because it's still there (NO THANKS, not willing to take white yet-- AND I don't want the car that everyone in the region has been test-driving). I told him that. He laughed. He asked me if I had a second choice color. I told him gold was my second choice. He said, how about a gold one with a sunroof? I am extremely fair skinned (redhead). If the sun even peeks at me I burn to a crisp. I don't want to pay $700 extra for something I am NEVER going to use. He said, OK, but I'll add gold to your info just in case one comes in next time.

There is one person ahead of me on the list for jasper green in the base model. The other jasper green waitlist person (also ahead of me) wants one that is fully loaded. He said that's actually a good thing right now, because there may be more base models coming out at this time. There is going to be another allocation to the dealership in about a week and a half, but they don't know what is coming yet. He said he would call me then and let me know.

I feel torn... I think I can wait til the next allocation, but I seriously doubt that it will contain my car. I mean, what are the chances they will get two jasper green base models in their little allocation? I think they only get 2-4 each time.

If I am willing to take the sunroof I could probably have a gold one very soon, but then I would probably regret not waiting to get what I really wanted. You know, if he had offered me gold with leather I might have jumped at it even though it's quite a bit more... but, a sunroof is just an extra charge for no useful purpose for me. Seriously, my husband's Jetta has a sunroof. Every time I get it in the Jetta when the sunroof is open I close the darn thing.

I am just being too impatient... my Corolla is in perfect running order (though I do need to put new tires on it before I trade it in...). I JUST WANT MY NEW CAR...

OK enough whining... *sigh*

Old 06-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Default Re: Impatient...

Put down deposits at multiple dealers. You could try calling dealerships if they aren't close enough to be convenient. Try to include at least one dealer who appears to have a large lot/inventory. I put down deposits at two dealerships, though only one actually charged the deposit to my CC. I've been waiting since March!

If you're really afraid of missing your color, consider calling a more remote dealer where people may be less eco-friendly. If I had it to do over again, I would have left deposits with a huge dealership 60 minutes from me and I also would have tried smaller places in western Maryland or West Virginia. No offense to WVGasGuy, but I haven't encountered very many environmentalists in West Virginia!

Seriously, I saw an article months ago that looked at Prius registration in Maryland by county. Once you got more than one or two Maryland counties away from Washington D.C., Prius registrations fell to 0-2 per county.

Hang in there--I'm STILL waiting on mine!

Last edited by bmgoodman; 06-09-2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
I am just being too impatient... my Corolla is in perfect running order (though I do need to put new tires on it before I trade it in...). I JUST WANT MY NEW CAR...

OK enough whining... *sigh*

Totally normal feelings, I assure you. My Dad waited over 6 months for his Ford Mustang GT due to his color choice ("Torch Red"), low supply and high demand. Certain model hybrids in certain areas are definitely in the same category my Dad's Mustang GT was in. He was tempted many times, but stuck to his guns and got the exact car he wanted, in the end... but that doesn't mean even he didn't waver now and then. Par for the course, as it were.

Good luck!

Old 06-09-2006, 12:52 PM
mak
Banned

My suggestion is to contact other dealers near your region. Personally I had to travel about 50 miles in order to purchase my TCH. If you're willing to drive out to get your car then it should give you a better shot at getting your car. Call dealers around your area and constantly follow up with them every 2-3 days.

BTW. There's nothing wrong with a white TCH

Old 06-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Impatient...

I think the TCH looks GREAT in white. Congrats. Make sure everyone posts their car pics in the gallery section, too!

Old 06-09-2006, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
Put down deposits at multiple dealers....
I'm not really keen to put a non-refundable $500 deposit down at more than one dealership. It's kind of a lot of money to just throw away.

The TCH is pretty in white. Nice photo Mak. My first car, 1986 Chevy Nova (aka Corolla in Chevy clothing ), was white with Navy interior. I loved that car, but I don't want another white car this time.

And I second Steve's message... please put photos of your TCH's in the photo section, so those of us who are impatiently waiting for our cars can drool over yours .

Old 06-09-2006, 01:14 PM

My deposits were FULLY refundable. I asked at 5 different delaerships and NONE needed non-refundable. Most wanted just to make a photocopy of my CC and didn't plan to charge me anything.

I have heard of one or two who CLAIM to require non-refundable deposits, but I'm not sure there are many of those.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-09-2006, 01:23 PM

The contract I signed stated that the deposit was non-refundable. I assumed this was the case with all of the dealers around here. Maybe not... hmmm

Old 06-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
I think the TCH looks GREAT in white. Congrats. Make sure everyone posts their car pics in the gallery section, too!
Steven,

Can you point me to the "Gallery" section. I've looked around and haven't seen a specific location. Is it just a thread on this Forum? Thanks!

Rod

Old 06-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Enthusiast

OK,

So I'll answer my own question... Dooh!

Click on the orange "SHARE" tab at the top of every screen and then on the Toyota Camry Hybrid link.

Rod

Quick Reply: Impatient...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands