iPhone 3G? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default iPhone 3G? Help!

Hi everyone, I recently upgraded to an iPhone 3G from a Motorola Razr with AT&T service for both. I had no problems pairing the iphone with my 07 TCH (non-nav) but when I am making calls on the bluetooth, I hear an echo of myself through the car's speakers, and the person on the other end reports that I sound "crackly" and like the signal keeps cutting in and out even with full bars of signal strength. I had none of these problems using the Razr with the TCH.

Has anyone else used the iPhone 3G with your TCH and what was your experience? Any ideas on how to remedy this? Additionally I live in California and so a hands-free device is now required by law, and I really like the iPhone and want to keep it!

Old 08-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: iPhone 3G? Help!

You might want to try posting this question in the DSLReports All Things Macintosh forum, also. It is heavily trafficed with a lot of iPhone users.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have the original and have no audio problems with NAV. I just wish I could transfer the phone book.

I would follow haroldo's advice & also look at the Apple discussion groups for the 3G iphone
http://discussions.apple.com/categor...categoryID=201

Old 08-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

I have the iPHone 3G and also hear a slight echo of my voice during calls. I haven't had any complaints about the sound quality yet.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

What happens if you disable the 3G and only allow the phone to use EDGE?

Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backupguy
What happens if you disable the 3G and only allow the phone to use EDGE?
It doesnt matter. Iphone 3G bluetooth SUCKS!!!! I have the same echo and callers can't hear me unless I transfer the call to the phone.
To 23Hammer, Next time your talking to someone transfer the call to the iphone and ask them if they can hear you better...
I am hoping this is fixed with the next firmware update and its not a hardware problem or I am going back to my HTC phone!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the original iPhone and it works great in my car with the 2.0 firmware. I just ordered the 3G from ATT. I will try it in a few weeks.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the original iPhone and it works great in my car with the 2.0 firmware. I just ordered the 3G from ATT. I will try it in a few weeks.
Yea thats what scares me! Everyone is saying the same thing you are...original Iphone with 2.0 is fine, which points to hardware problems...

sucks cuz I really like the phone.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Enthusiast

i also have the original iphone on 2.0 and it works great not 1 complaint from me or anyone on the other end.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Enthusiast

OK this is getting a little off topic, but since I upgraded to 2.0, my phone has been doing some really wierd things. I wish I knew how to revert back to the old firmware. The bluetooth still works well 99% of the time, but I did have a call yesterday where the volume dropped out (not dead silent), switched to iPhone and the call was fine.

Quick Reply: iPhone 3G? Help!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands