Nav system software

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:35 PM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Nav system software

Joe,
I'm curious if the items you mentoned are in the Garmin maps.

I just checked the Nags Head and the mall issues I have with the Toyo system and they show on the Garmin site.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Enthusiast

Hi John,

I believe Denso make the software.

Rick

Originally Posted by Heartland
Greetings all,

I'm on a few lists waiting for the right color/options TCH to show up in central Indiana. In the meantime, I'm thinking about the Nav system.

I currently use a Garmin Street Pilot III, which works great. It uses Garmin's MAP SOURCE as it's mapping/waypoint software. Anway...

I doubt that Toyota came up with their own mappings software (am I wrong?) and am wondering what s/w it does use and who makes it. Any links to more information concerning the Nav system(i.e., other than what is on the Toyota site, which isn't much) would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

John

Old 09-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
Joe,
I'm curious if the items you mentoned are in the Garmin maps.

I just checked the Nags Head and the mall issues I have with the Toyo system and they show on the Garmin site.
Thanks for checking. As Garmin and Magellan use the NAVTEQ maps the majority of the people who are using a portable GPS might have better maps than the Toyota/Denso Nav system. (All maps have errors, it's just a question of how many and where.)
I wonder whose maps Denso uses (and if they have a map feedback form like NAVTEQ does). Hopefully the 06.1 maps are in better shape than the 05.1 maps.

Last edited by john312; 09-05-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Has anyone purchased or seen if they can upgrade to 6.1 yet... Just wondering if Toyota is carrying the version yet or if it can be ordered....

Old 09-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCFlyer
Has anyone purchased or seen if they can upgrade to 6.1 yet... Just wondering if Toyota is carrying the version yet or if it can be ordered....
I have a call in to my sales guy to ask about something else. I might ask him to look into this, but I want to hear from someone on the board to confirm that M-6 is on the new map in the Grand Rapids, MI area. I don't want to upgrade if they haven't corrected the problem.

I will post my request again and see if I get any "takers":

Can you please do me a HUGE favor when you get a moment?

Can you look at the map of the Grand Rapids, MI area and tell me if highway M-6 (also known as the Paul B. Henry Freeway) connects all the way between I-196 on the western end and I-96 on the eastern end (this should be about a twenty mile stretch of highway). Mine only shows it connecting between I-96 and M-37 (about a 3-mile stretch on the eastern end), and I am trying to get my dealer to "comp" me the updated version of the DVD for free.

Also, for the override function, are you touching the small volume icon in the upper left, then the blank area in the lower left corner, then repeating? It would suck if this doesn't work in the new version, but I might be willing to deal with it if I have full routing capability around Grand Rapids!

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast

Highway 6 goes from the east of GR and ends at I 196 around Hudsonville. It goes all the way!

Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by fredo48
Highway 6 goes from the east of GR and ends at I 196 around Hudsonville. It goes all the way!
THANKS, FREDO! I assume that you have the 6.1 version of the DVD, right? When did you take delivery of the car?

Old 09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
THANKS, FREDO! I assume that you have the 6.1 version of the DVD, right? When did you take delivery of the car?

Old 09-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
I am not sure, but I probably have 5.1 since I took delivery on 5/26. I live in East Lansing and drive to Lake Michigan to fish, and find that Highway 6 saves a lot of time.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by fredo48
I am not sure, but I probably have 5.1 since I took delivery on 5/26. I live in East Lansing and drive to Lake Michigan to fish, and find that Highway 6 saves a lot of time.
Are you sure you have 5.1? I took delivery on 7/11, and mine has the 5.1 version, and on mine, M-6 only goes from I-96 to M-37! I can't remember offhand where the DVD version is in the menu structure, but I think it is either on the "Menu" screen, or maybe in the Menu - Volume screen.

EDIT: It can be found when you touch the "Map DVD" button on the "Menu" screen (accessed by the Menu button on the right stack of buttons.

Last edited by spiff72; 09-05-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Nav system software

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands