RAT part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default RAT part 2

OK, so I drove the car all day yesterday with my co-worker. We went to some nasty parts of LA where any honest rat would be more at home.

There was no sign of the rat.

This morning I strolled outside in my pajamas just to take one last peek to make sure the rat was gone.

Right there, on my back seat was a fresh, wet, rat calling card, with paw prints leading away from the scene.

HOW IS THIS THING STILL ALIVE???!

Seriously, interior car temps at this time of year can hit 150F. He should be an inanimate, decaying mass of par-boiled rat by now. How is he still able to scurry and poop???

I went to another neighbor. A nice guy, works as a biologist for the US Forest Service. He hooked me up with a "humane trap".

We'll see what turns up.

Does anyone know if my theory about the rat getting in through a hybrid system cooling duct has any merit?

Old 08-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Along for the ride.....
Default Re: RAT part 2

Have you named your carpooling little buddy?

Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM

No, I hadn't thought of that.

But it did occur to me that we had that earthquake a few days ago.The epicenter was 3 miles away. I know from the past that animals exhibit very strange behavior during, and frequently BEFORE an earthquake hits.

Maybe he was seeking shelter.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by McGyver
No, I hadn't thought of that.

But it did occur to me that we had that earthquake a few days ago.The epicenter was 3 miles away. I know from the past that animals exhibit very strange behavior during, and frequently BEFORE an earthquake hits.

Maybe he was seeking shelter.
ratatouille?
LOL

Old 08-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Get about 10 of those old school, "inhumane", big nasty rat traps, bait them with peanut butter, and leave them in the car overnight.

Come morning, you will have a dead rat. A little mess to clean up, sure. BUt beats have the rat in there.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Or better yet GladesHerps in Florida sells cobras and stuff...Just buy a small asian cobra and set it free for a few hours, it will find the rat faster then your cat will!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by mikecism
Get about 10 of those old school, "inhumane", big nasty rat traps, bait them with peanut butter, and leave them in the car overnight.

Come morning, you will have a dead rat. A little mess to clean up, sure. BUt beats have the rat in there.
This...

I just have to figure out who sells them anymore. Have to find a ghetto Walmart.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

We had an infestation of roof rats last year. I kid you not - I got the Rat Zapper 2000 and removed over 12 rats in two weeks. It kills them with a sudden electric shock. I am surprised at how well it works. I found Raisin Bran cereal worked very well as bait.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

After you remove the Rat, you should look for a Rat's nest and Rat babies.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Enthusiast

Go to a farming equptment store. Tractor supply,etc for the ghetto trap

Quick Reply: RAT part 2

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands