Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Rattle in roof on cold days (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/rattle-roof-cold-days-15597/)

hybrid25 10-10-2007 06:49 AM

Rattle in roof on cold days

Only in cold weather I'm getting a clancking sound from my roof(just behind the driver's head). Anyone else heard this sound?

rmorrow 10-10-2007 09:19 AM

Re: Rattle in roof on cold days

Originally Posted by hybrid25 (Post 146163)
Only in cold weather I'm getting a clancking sound from my roof(just behind the driver's head). Anyone else heard this sound?

Do you have a moonroof?

hybrid25 10-10-2007 12:25 PM

Yes, I do have a sun roof

klynch 10-11-2007 05:06 AM

My moon roof occasionally rattles. If I push up on the edge of the headliner near the moon roof it usually stops it. I don't know what the long-term solution is, or if there even is one.

megamonsterman 10-12-2007 09:31 AM

I have the same problem but not cos of cold days. It rattles whenever it feels like it but after a while it will go away.

I usually close the sliding cover of the sunroof to minimize the rattle sound.

stevil 11-30-2007 08:18 PM

Mine did that, and the dealer had it for 2 days, then wanted another 3, said they knew of other vehicles that were doing it and were trying to figure out a fix.

Because of that and a litany of other problems with my 07 TCH with 3K miles, the dealer just replaced it with an '08, same equipment, only charging me the difference in tax! Just took delivery on a cold evening - no problems so far!

beng 03-06-2008 09:22 PM

I've got the same rattles, but have not taken it to the dealer yet. I did a quick search on http://www.alldata.com/TSB/59/075908aI.html and did find "NV006-06 JUN 06 Body - Moonroof Rattles" so I am hopefull that this can be fixed. I also have a rattle from the drivers b pillar right by my left ear that is triggered by rough roads or music with lots of bass in it. I'm hoping this bulletin can address the issue "BO017R-03 APR 06 Body - Interior Trim Panels/Garnish Loose"

I don't have an all data account, but expect that a dealer would.

coolshock1 03-07-2008 06:27 AM

Try pushing up on the glass. Does it move slightly? I had an issue similar to this when I had my Boneville. There are adjustment screws that let you move the glass to get the correct seal when the glass is closed. Mine had vibrated loose after some time.

Alexander 04-28-2008 05:29 PM

My 2007 Camry Hybrid roof rattles. The dealer has tried to numerous remedies like tightening anything that can be tightened and placing insulation in the roof area. Nothing works. The rattle comes from the front area of the roof just above the sun visor. If I put pressure on this area when it rattles it stops. Anyone have a similar issue?

raven77 04-28-2008 05:41 PM

I have a 2009 and didn't notice and sounds yet. But when I open my moon roof, there is a loud, annoying "Clunk" noise before it opens. Sorta sounds like the glass is gonna explode and blow out the top!:cry: