Sirius Radio Issues on 07 Camry

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 03:59 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sirius Radio Issues on 07 Camry

The dealer ordered it, we'll see how long it takes. I am not on best terms witht his dealer, Atlanta Toyota in GA is proabbly the worst car dealer I have ever dealt with and I have bought a lot of cars. Purchase and service expierience there is bad and they are clueless.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that. My dealer and service after buying the car has been great but I think I was taken a little on the price of the car but....

Well, if you could get the part # and let me know how it goes it would help me alot.

thanks

Old 09-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well for a part that was sent overnight last Tuesday I am still waiting. My Service MGR doesn't know where it is. Getting a little pissed about now

Old 09-11-2006, 06:50 PM

Yeah well if they are getting it from my dealer, good luck. Atalnat Toyota Sales and Service has been a huge disspointment, poor service all around. I'm still waiting for them to extend my Sirius to 9 months, that was the deal they offered and yet I still have the 90 day demo service. I love Sirous content, but the servie is spotty. Frequent drop outs, not sure if it is due to that lame winshield mounted antenna or just the difference in the way they do their satellites. In 2 years with XM I only had a drop out if I were in the mountains and the mountain was in the way.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, my service guy wanted me to call Chris and bug him as he said in so many words. I told him in so many words I shouldn't be the one doing that and they would listen to him more than me.

He told me he has another car that needs those jumpers and I had to tell him to call the area Sirius guy and buy some... in so many words. I just hate doing all the work on this, I call everyday because if I don't the guys is so busy he doesn't remember... again as he told me in so many words on the phone today that when I called it reminded him.

I don't want to ***** to his boss, I'm sure if he had them... as you said, it's probably Atlanta but still if I didn't research and the help from you my problem would never have been fixed, this is the only place (forum) I found someone else with my same problem.

I really don't know what my next move should be, complain, wait it out, drive to Atlanta and pick up the part (Sarcasm) or just keep calling and showing up everyday or so. Heck, by the time this gets fixed my free 3 months will be up. (Sarcasm)

Last edited by cohort; 09-11-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:12 AM

Tell your dealer he has 1 week, then you are calling Toyota (it is a Toyota offered option) and the BBB. That tends to get some movement. I am ready to do the same since I am still waiting for my free 6 months (after the 90 days free demo).

Old 09-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

I drove to the dealership today, the "Jumpers" that I was told were sent NEXT DAY by FedEx were not and were sent snail mail but they did come in today. The Service Mgr gave me the jumpers to bring back in tomorrow, I believe he did this so they wouldn't get picked up, lost or whatever at his office... as I posted before he has so much going on.

I am posting pictures of what these things look like. Not much to them, I was told you need 2 for each job/car. He told me others have had issues with Sirius like mine but the customer thought it was the Sirius Sat or whatever. Some stations do it well others do not. I will post tomorrow if this fixed my Sirius/Toyota radio problem as well.

Photobucket is down, when it comes back up I'll post the pictures.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Are these jumpers also needed for XM radio?

Old 09-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by cohort
My dealer and service after buying the car has been great but I think I was taken a little on the price of the car but....
How much did you pay?

Old 09-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rcommander
Are these jumpers also needed for XM radio?
No, XM seems to be fine. I believe it is a Sirius only issue. I'll get my sticker and break it down in a second for your other question, brb.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio Issues on 07 Camry

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands