Smart Key question, please

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Smart Key question, please

ROFL - It took longer to find the right page in the manual than it did to reprogram the fob. It is just so much easier now that all the doors unlock at once. But I am peeved that the dealer claimed to have researched my request and still said it cannot be done.

Originally Posted by schmidtj
For those who are "Owner's Guide" challenged here is the procedure.
Page 40 (give or take)
See attached graphic.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Enthusiast

I love this Smart key. Twice, I almost made the mistake of looking the key fob in the car. The car beeped as I started walking away. I was curious how the fob knew it got left behind and wasn't in my pocket.

My next quetion that I will test later in the car's life is how will the car react if one of the fobs are left in the car and the other leaves with me.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by HairyKnuckle
I love this Smart key. Twice, I almost made the mistake of looking the key fob in the car. The car beeped as I started walking away. I was curious how the fob knew it got left behind and wasn't in my pocket.

My next quetion that I will test later in the car's life is how will the car react if one of the fobs are left in the car and the other leaves with me.
The car has zones for detecting the presence of the smartkey. If one of the internal zones detects the key if will warn you if you attempt to lock the car.
If you use the lock button of the outside smartkey to lock the car it will allow you to do this even with the other smartkey detected inside the car.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by HairyKnuckle
how will the car react if one of the fobs are left in the car and the other leaves with me.
Originally Posted by schmidtj
The car has zones for detecting the presence of the smartkey. If one of the internal zones detects the key if will warn you if you attempt to lock the car. If you use the lock button of the outside smartkey to lock the car it will allow you to do this even with the other smartkey detected inside the car.
Yup, exactly what schmidtj said. Also, you won't be able unlock your car by using the "handle grabbing" technique anymore: you'll have to use the unlock button of the outside smartkey once again. Pretty smart feature!