Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   squealing wheels? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/squealing-wheels-9985/)

ginway 09-16-2006 03:08 PM

squealing wheels?

Does anybody else's wheels squeal when they turn the steering wheel or try to make a quick turn?

Freeze 09-16-2006 03:57 PM

Re: squealing wheels?

Originally Posted by ginway
Does anybody else's wheels squeal when they turn the steering wheel or try to make a quick turn?

At what speeds? The only time I've heard any noise (and it was more of a scrubbing sound) was when I went around hairpin turn too fast.

ginway 09-16-2006 04:03 PM

If I turn my wheels while parking, they squeal. If I have to make a quick turn, I kind of peel out. Is that normal? I'm not like gunning it to make a turn, I'm just hitting the acceleration a little harder than normal.

David Price 09-16-2006 04:08 PM

ginway: The MG2 has a lots of torque, I do believe that what you are doing is using MG2 at this time.( when pulling out quickly, that is)

ginway 09-16-2006 06:10 PM

ok, that's the explain I got from the boyfriend. I feel kind of stupid when it happens though, haha. I just wonder how many of the other people on the road with me know that I just have too much darn torque. hahaha.

AKM 09-16-2006 06:21 PM

Squealing the tires is a good thing as this means you have more power/torque then you actually need (common misconception of Hybrid vehicles) :D

stevenvillatoro 09-16-2006 06:37 PM

Small correction: wheels don't squeal, tires do.

flopshot 09-16-2006 08:36 PM

My tires squeal quite often when I'm making a turn from a dead stop. Note that I do not get tire squeal when I go straight from a dead stop.

ginway 09-17-2006 07:44 AM

but steven, squealing tires is not quite as catchy a title for my post. :)

stevenvillatoro 09-17-2006 07:50 AM

Hehe, I can imagine it now... The Greenie Awards... "In the category of 'Best Drama In a Post Title,' the nominees are..."