Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   TCH and Bluetooth devices (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/tch-bluetooth-devices-10993/)

CrisCross 11-13-2006 12:46 PM

TCH and Bluetooth devices

Hi fellas,

Has anyone done a pairing between TCH and a bluetooth phone? Any advice, instructions?

Please provide details or reference.

skywagon 11-13-2006 12:53 PM

Re: TCH and Bluetooth devices

Ya paired up my MotorBlade in about min, works real well even with phone in my pocket lol.

CrisCross 11-13-2006 01:17 PM

How did you do it?

Applesowner 11-13-2006 01:37 PM

I was disappointed in the bluetooth feature for two reasons. First, the conversation ends if you turn off the ignition. For TCH owners, I think we like to power off as soon as the drive is over. But sometimes the conversation needs to continue. Secondly, there's no talking over each other with this connection. My sister and I started saying "over" after completing a statement to avoid this, but that was silly and annoying. I find it much more comfortable to just use my bluetooth ear-phone. So I had to disconnect my bluetooth feature after setting it all up. I DID enjoy being able to see who was calling on the radio screen and being able to answer wthe call with the button, but the other problems I was unable to overlook. By the way I also felt I had to yell to be heard. :cry:

skywagon 11-13-2006 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by CrisCross
How did you do it?

I have the same phone and found a few things you need to do to get it to work, go to tools,then connection,then bluetoothlink, hit select,then handsfree,scroll down to setup,select,power ON, then scroll up to find me, once that is done if it finds the device it will change from 0 to 1 device found, then it should work. It may take a few attemps to pair the phone with Blutooth but it will work fine then. SK:) :) :)

skywagon 11-13-2006 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by CrisCross
How did you do it?

http://www7.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm

Applesowner 11-13-2006 01:46 PM

Criscross...All you do to pair the equipment is follow the directions in the vehicle owner's manual and those in your cell phone instruction book. It takes a while but is not difficult.

Loonbeam 11-13-2006 03:27 PM

Might be your phone. If I power off the call switches to my phone automatically and then about 6 seconds later to my headset (which is my secondary device).

Originally Posted by Applesowner
I was disappointed in the bluetooth feature for two reasons. First, the conversation ends if you turn off the ignition. For TCH owners, I think we like to power off as soon as the drive is over. But sometimes the conversation needs to continue. Secondly, there's no talking over each other with this connection. My sister and I started saying "over" after completing a statement to avoid this, but that was silly and annoying. I find it much more comfortable to just use my bluetooth ear-phone. So I had to disconnect my bluetooth feature after setting it all up. I DID enjoy being able to see who was calling on the radio screen and being able to answer wthe call with the button, but the other problems I was unable to overlook. By the way I also felt I had to yell to be heard. :cry:

Big-Foot 11-13-2006 04:49 PM

Mine paired right away. PalmOne Treo-700P (Sprint)

Some phones are shipped with Blue-Tooth default of ((OFF)) to maximize battery life in the phone.
Good luck!

belbe 11-13-2006 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Applesowner

I have some little Nokia flip phone and it transfers immediately to the phone when I turn off the car...pairing was also very easy once I turned the bluetooth on the phone on. No problem with hearing, either. The only thing I dislike is the ringer in the car itself. It is very annoying. Wish it could be changed...if I have the radio on I get a hint as it goes off before the ring. Once in a while I will hear my phone ring in my purse (even in the backseat) before the car rings so it is not quite so startling.