Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   TCH remote starter cost at dealerships in Boston (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/tch-remote-starter-cost-dealerships-boston-10508/)

ByronJames2003 10-14-2006 01:20 PM

TCH remote starter cost at dealerships in Boston

Wow....$450 for the starter and $600 for the installation. Outrageous!!

Needless to say, I'm calling a few more dealers. It seems some Toyota dealerships
outsource this work and the companies that they outsource it to refuse to put the remote starter in the TCH

Anyone get a better price for the installation? or problems/successes finding someone who will....especially in the Boston area.

Byron

lem144 10-14-2006 02:13 PM

Re: TCH remote starter cost at dealerships in Boston

Mine was 'factory' at $595. I hate remote start, it's useless to me and I didn't want it, but it was 'there.

This was at boch, worst dealership ever.

ByronJames2003 10-14-2006 04:10 PM

Boch on Comm Ave near BU? I don't care for them either.

Anyway, what don't you like about the remote starter?

Want to trade cars? LOL

Byron

lem144 10-14-2006 04:46 PM

I just dont see the need. Cars warm up faster when they are being driven, so starting them to warm up the inside takes longer and will kill your MPG. It is anti-thetical to the hybrid's reason for existence. I have a feeling once winter sets in everyone's MPG's will drop from upper 30s to upper 20s, near 30.

If your car has nav, then sure, let's swap.

Boch is in Norwood.

Originally Posted by ByronJames2003
Boch on Comm Ave near BU? I don't care for them either.

Anyway, what don't you like about the remote starter?

Want to trade cars? LOL

Byron

belbe 10-14-2006 05:57 PM

That's why I am looking at the engine block heater for our eastern WA winters. Have it on the 'old' car and it sure makes a difference when you only have 2.5 miles to drive to work. We have had a few 'brisk' mornings below freezing and the TCH seemed to warm up quicker than the Chrysler (old car).

spaziwk 10-14-2006 07:34 PM

RT 44 Toyota in Raynham Mass installed a Toyota Brand Remote starter in my TCH. They charged $600 and they had and in-house Alarm guy do it so it wasn't farmed out.

They orginaly tried to put a 3rd party in but they had unsepcified installtion problems and had to order the Toyota one. Works great and integrates seemlessly with the Key Fob.

The car does warm up quick so I only need to start it a couple of minutes before leaving the house in order to Defrost the Windshield.

ByronJames2003 10-18-2006 07:09 PM

I just had it installed there today.

$399 it was an aftermarket starter which cost much less and had a lifetime warranty.

The built in to to keyfob unit version cost nearly double and only had a 3 year warranty.

I only will be using it in the mornings (soon - it's already chilly) and wont be taking the extra fob with me as a result.

I'm happy.

Thanks for the location

ntguru 11-21-2006 01:42 PM

Can you give some specifics on what you installed? Did you have to donate one of the toyota factory keyfobs? When you say you won't be taking the extra fob with you, to which fob are you referring? Thanks.

Originally Posted by ByronJames2003 (Post 94063)
I just had it installed there today.

$399 it was an aftermarket starter which cost much less and had a lifetime warranty.

The built in to to keyfob unit version cost nearly double and only had a 3 year warranty.

I only will be using it in the mornings (soon - it's already chilly) and wont be taking the extra fob with me as a result.

I'm happy.

Thanks for the location

SunshineAdv 08-19-2009 09:38 AM

Where in Boston are you located? I can refer you to a few good places to get it done.

Thanks,
Roger

jbollt 08-19-2009 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by SunshineAdv (Post 209444)
Where in Boston are you located? I can refer you to a few good places to get it done.

Thanks,
Roger

Do you realize that you replied to a thread that is almost 3 years old? It's ok, we're all friends... :angel: