Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   TCH Spottings! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/tch-spottings-17712/)

haroldo 04-09-2008 11:25 AM

TCH Spottings!

I was driving yesterday behind a Metallic Grey TCH...as is mine. I thought it was cool, but imagine that it will get kind of old when there are a ton of them on the road.

Later on I say a white TCH...driving in the left lane of a two lane road...with a 50 MPH speed limit...he was doing 35 MPH...he was being passed on the right. I wonder if he was trying to improve his mileage. C'mon folks, we all want better mileage, but 35 in the left lane?

coolshock1 04-09-2008 11:32 AM

Re: TCH Spottings!

I don't see to many of them. I got passed by one yesterday. I was doing 65-70 and she went flying by me.

haroldo 04-09-2008 12:06 PM

LOL...I'm not one to talk (I drive, relatively, slow).
My all time most embarassing moment while driving was on Rte 17 in upstate NY, an empty three lane highway winding through the Catskill Mountains (for you folk out west, it's really not a mountain, more like a speed bump).
I was in the middle lane and was passed going up a hill...by a minivan...on the right...with their flashers on...and a handicap license plate.
My family couldn't stop laughing at that.
It doesn't get much worse than that!

coolshock1 04-09-2008 12:13 PM

OMG you should be embarrassed that you even admitted to that!!!!

haroldo 04-09-2008 12:27 PM

:embarass: Guilty as charged!

BHDMC 04-09-2008 12:44 PM

I keep passing by another Barcelona Red TCH in my town.

FastMover 04-09-2008 04:13 PM

I pass a twin to my TCH almost every morning on my commute. He is usually just coming out of his subdivision as I transit the four blocks that lead into the airport that I work at.

'Sometimes see him coming home in the evening also.

flopshot 04-09-2008 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by haroldo (Post 167872)
I was driving yesterday behind a Metallic Grey TCH...as is mine. I thought it was cool, but imagine that it will get kind of old when there are a ton of them on the road.

Later on I say a white TCH...driving in the left lane of a two lane road...with a 50 miles per hour speed limit...he was doing 35 MPH...he was being passed on the right. I wonder if he was trying to improve his mileage. C'mon folks, we all want better mileage, but 35 in the left lane?

I see at least one TCH a day, and I usually see 3-4. Here in CA where regular gas is $3.70 today, hybrid cars are still selling like hotcakes.

nyc2socal 04-09-2008 09:22 PM

I probably see at least 6-7 TCHs everyday.. But probably over 20 Prius' everyday.. Good ole SoCal. It's a car.. I drive it like one.. Nothing feels better than setting cruise control at 75 and watch your mpg meter hover around 50.. :D

scmjem 04-10-2008 08:38 AM

I see alot of regular camry's but have not seen even one camry hybrid yet. The amount of prius' I see is crazy! So many!