Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Top Tier Gas Retailers List (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/top-tier-gas-retailers-list-21786/)

rburt07 05-23-2009 03:57 AM

Top Tier Gas Retailers List

These brands below should contain more detergents than the government requires. The extra detergents keep your fuel injectors and valves clean.

Top Tier Gasoline Retailers:

Chevron
Conoco
Entec Stations
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
MFA Oil Company
Phillips
QuikTrip
Shell
Somerset Refinery
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Company

Canada:
Petro-Canada
Shell-Canada
Sunoco-Canada
Chevron-Canada

Hawaii:
Aloha Petroleum

haroldo 05-23-2009 04:01 AM

Re: Top Tier Gas Retailers List

On average, and I know this is hard to calculate, how much extra does one pay for this gas. Assuming one pays 5% more and one gets 5% better mileage, is there any reason to use it?
I used 'cheap gas' almost exclusively in my 1996 Avalon and I'm cruising up to 200,000 miles with out problems.

rburt07 05-23-2009 04:37 AM

This is my list of stations here in town. The mirastar at $2.29 is the walmart station. I tried it with the 2006 Ford Five Hundred I had. It was a V6 and got to be hard to start using the mirastar brand. I was trying to save money. I ended up paying more adding a gas additive to help my car start better. It took 2 tanks of Chevron to get it running normal again. I also tried a Save-A-Lot gas here in town with similar results. I rather pay the extra dime per gallon more and keep my engine clean. Here below is a list of stations here in town. The diamond shamrocks and Fina are the same price as the much better Phillips and Chevrons in town. I used # 7 from the list which is a Phillips 66 station.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasSta...88310&x=13&y=9

rburt07 05-23-2009 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo (Post 203575)
I used 'cheap gas' almost exclusively in my 1996 Avalon and I'm cruising up to 200,000 miles with out problems.

haroldo, your cheap gas must be lots better than the ones I used when I lived in Texas. I had stopped up fuel filters, fuel injectors gone bad. Sello was one. It was a new brand put out by Mobil. It was a low additive gas. People complained of hard stating engines, poor acceleration and mileage. The Sello brand lasted a little over a year and mobil close all of them up.

Evidently your cheap gas is much better quality than the cheap gasoline's I have tried. I give up and will buy only from the top tier stations. I rather not take a chance of a fuel injector or fuel filter causing any problems.

haroldo 05-23-2009 05:15 AM

Denco is one, I can't remember the names of the others, Speedy? (in Northern NJ) but I rarely, if ever, used any of the brands on the list. I changed my fuel filter every 30-40m miles.