Tough color decision, hmmm...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tough color decision, hmmm...

I have a titanium silver TCH but not by choice. I wanted a new one before September 2006 to get the federal and SC tax credit. And only a base one because I did not want NAV, moon roof and leather and hence it was easy to obtain. The dealer with the lowest price had only that color on the lot as well as one arriving 2 weeks later. I took it and many people have commented on how nice looking and wonderful color it was. I really have not noticed the color at all since all I care is how it drives and how good a gas mileage it will get with each tank fill. I think that people are so hung up on color when they are buying a car but do not care about it 6 months later.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I too have the Titanium TCH, base model, because of availability and not choice. It wasn't my first preference, but it wasn't my last one either. There was actually only one color I would have refused. One nice thing about silver is that it doesn't show the dirt as much as some other colors.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Now please, can't we get along regardless of the color or nationality of our TCH?
Agree. Nobody should argue over matters of color. As Romans said: "De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum". In the end it is a personal choice, quite often an impulse. I ordered a barcelona red because to me and my wife it looked the best among of all colors on this Camry model, at least front-end. And I have to say that I was never fond of red cars. Dark grey would have been my other choice, but I didn’t really want another car in the same color with my Sienna. I think jasper green looks very good too, classy. Blue looks very good also (the color choice featured in the Camry 2007 brochure for TCH). In the end I like every single color and one should not mind if it is common or not. Silver always looked good on cars (any car) and that’s exactly why it is pretty common. What matters is what YOU feel about it - not what others think. Therefore it may be better if you don’t ask anybody for advice when you pick the color for your car (well, besides your wife, of course; husbands do not care as much as long as it runs nicely and wife is pleased with).

Last edited by lovekills; 10-17-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Oh come on, being peaceful and mature is no fun. Silver sucks! My last car was silver, and I couldnt wait to get rid of it. Though it did not show dirt like the Blue Ribbon does, but everyone compliments the Blue. The girl in the drive through did tonight.

In reference to the previous two quotes:

"My color can beat up your color"
"Oh yeah, my color is better than your color"

Now please, can't we get along regardless of the color or nationality of our TCH? I'm not sure what to say about religion.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by lem144
Oh come on, being peaceful and mature is no fun. Silver sucks! My last car was silver, and I couldnt wait to get rid of it. Though it did not show dirt like the Blue Ribbon does, but everyone compliments the Blue. The girl in the drive through did tonight.
If I knew I'd get the approval of a teenage girl asking me if I want an apple pie with my meal I'd have gotten blue also.

Actually I had my first choice and one color that I would have refused. Beyond that it didn't matter that much to me. Titanium was not my first choice and I was a little disappointed, but didn't want to delay my purchase so I got it. But now that I have it I think it looks real good.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had a choice to get a loaded blue 2007 TCH, but after I saw the color on a non-hybrid Camry XLE I4, I had to turn it down.... I could not be happier with my silver (titanium metalic)...

Old 10-19-2006, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by lem144
From the thread you've started today it sounds like you can't wait to get rid of the TCH. Perhaps it's the color.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

No, I kind of wish they hadn't had the blue in stock, because then I wouldn't have bought it in the first place

L

From the thread you've started today it sounds like you can't wait to get rid of the TCH. Perhaps it's the color.