Warning: Do not let brother-in-law drives car!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 05:28 PM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Warning: Do not let brother-in-law drives car!!

Nice thing about being a "green" hillbilly, when they turn around from chasing the key they'll find I'm still redneck enough that they probably will see a gun pointed at them.

I have really considered if times get tough these may make the hit list. Fortunately, I'm not sure they would be of much value chopped up and there's so few on the road they may be hard to move if they are "hot".

Old 08-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

seems like the fob idea has a glitch... i am surprised the fob doesn't have to be in a slot for the car to go. removing the fob from the slot also stops the car. if car has remote start ability, should turn off after 30 min. something like that.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:23 AM
WVGasGuy

i am surprised the fob doesn't have to be in a slot for the car to go. removing the fob from the slot also stops the car

That would make it function like a key?

Old 08-04-2006, 06:10 AM

sort of... either that or have a proximity detector that turns off the car if the fob is not within x many feet of the car after x many minutes. seems like a law suit waiting to happen.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by livvie
sort of... either that or have a proximity detector that turns off the car if the fob is not within x many feet of the car after x many minutes. seems like a law suit waiting to happen.
Perhaps this is done in case the battery within the fob dies. You'd hate to be driving down the road and have the car shut off because the fob is no longer detected.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Perhaps this is done in case the battery within the fob dies. You'd hate to be driving down the road and have the car shut off because the fob is no longer detected.
I was thinking the same thing. This seems like the only logical reason that it would behave this way. Radio interference could prevent the key from being detected while driving, too.