Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   weatherstripping coming off? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/weatherstripping-coming-off-16236/)

KTLane 12-04-2007 09:39 AM

weatherstripping coming off?

we got our first big snowstorm of the year this weekend and after brushing off my windshield (i didn't even scrape it!) I noticed the weatherstripping was coming off at the bottom of the windshield?! has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm nervous to take it to the dealer cause I'm sure they'll just say it was cause I scraped it off, but i didn't. it's pulled away in 2 or 3 spots. :angry: boooooo

SPL 12-04-2007 01:36 PM

Re: weatherstripping coming off?

KTLane — I don't have any weatherstripping at the bottom of my 2007 TCH's windshield. I wonder what it is that you're referring to? Presumably not the molded black plastic grille that covers the cabin air intakes, etc.

Stan

skywagon 12-04-2007 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by SPL (Post 152592)
KTLane — I don't have any weatherstripping at the bottom of my 2007 TCH's windshield. I wonder what it is that you're referring to? Presumably not the molded black plastic grille that covers the cabin air intakes, etc.

Stan

:shade: Sounds like black ice to me lol!!!;) ;) ;)

KTLane 12-04-2007 02:36 PM

ill see if i can take a picture, but its hard when you work 6-4:30, its dark when you get to work and almost dark when you come out :P

i dunno, maybe it's not weatherstripping, but that's the closest thing I could think of to call it?

Mainer 12-06-2007 10:43 AM

I had weatherstripping come out from the windshield on an Accord I used to own. Body shop at the dealer reglued it for free.

rmorrow 12-07-2007 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by SPL (Post 152592)

Stan

There's very definitely a black rubber seal that runs the length of the bottom of my windshield. You'd have to lift the wipers to get down low enough to touch it with a scraper though.

KTLane 12-07-2007 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by rmorrow (Post 153085)
There's very definitely a black rubber seal that runs the length of the bottom of my windshield. You'd have to lift the wipers to get down low enough to touch it with a scraper though.

i'm far too lazy for that crap ;)

rmorrow 12-07-2007 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by KTLane (Post 153087)
i'm far too lazy for that crap ;)

That's why I said "You'd have to...". I don't seriously expect that anyone actually does it. :P

SPL 12-07-2007 07:51 AM

rmorrow — You're correct. Now that the ice and snow have (temporarily!) melted, I can see that there is indeed a rubber gasket that runs along the bottom of the windshield glass. It seems to fit under the edge of the glass, and between the glass and the black plastic panel that has the cabin air intake vents. If this is the item that's coming out in your TCH, KTLane, it probably means that it wasn't fitted properly in the first place, and should be dealt with under warranty by the dealer.

Stan