Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

TCHduped - How long did the process take? Did you you wait for the cancelled warranty to clear before you bought the new one? Did they pay you directly or your lien holder, although it sounds like your warranty was not part of your original purchase or financing.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Enthusiast

Warehouse,
you're right, my warranty was separate from my financing, so the refund check of 25 dollars came straight to me. It took them about 1 month to get the check to me. I called up Toyota Financial directly to cancel it.

I waited for confirmation of my cancellation before I went ahead purchased the new warranty from midwest. What's the going rate right now for a 7/75/0 anyways.

By the way, my s/n "TCHduped" comes from the fact that I got duped into the original warranty by my dealer.

Originally Posted by warehouse
TCHduped - How long did the process take? Did you you wait for the cancelled warranty to clear before you bought the new one? Did they pay you directly or your lien holder, although it sounds like your warranty was not part of your original purchase or financing.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast

I called yesterday and the 7/75/0 was $645 which if I do the math right is much cheaper than $1200. Since mine was part of the car purchase they might issue a 2-party check. That's OK with me if I can save over $500.

Did you ever call the 800 number to verify that your new warranty was good? I guess TF doesn't care if you cancel and rebuy.

Thanks for the info!

Old 01-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Gee - do I hold the high record for paying for an extended maintenance plan ($2,050) and a pre-paid plan ($1,355)?

What was it P.T. Barnum said (or was supposed to have said....)?

Hopefully I can make a few calls and verify things and THEN call my dealer back and question them. It's good to know the cost to them - and then the mark up range they have to play with.

Thanks all.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Malcontent

Originally Posted by meerkat
Gee - do I hold the high record for paying for an extended maintenance plan ($2,050) and a pre-paid plan ($1,355)?
I think my father got taken in for $2700 for both but also a "paint protection" plan.

Instead of asking the dealer for a partial refund, I would consider canceling altogether an purchasing a new warranty at a much lower price. Otherwise, dealers won't learn their lesson. If they'd offered it at a fair price to begin with, they wouldn't lose the sale of the warranty altogether.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Maybe so. Even at $2,700 for both - including the paint protection - sounds better than my skewering

They were pushing the paint/undercoat for $750 and wanted an addtioanl $695 for the remote start. If I had opted for the entire "works" i'd be crying for almost $5K !

I think if i could secure a decent "fair" price from another dealer i could (at the very least) use it as a chip to see how far - or if any - the dealer (Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge VA) might offer to bounce back to me. Worst case: I cancel and go elsewhere and lose the $25+$25 admin fee on the both.

My plan is the 7/100/0

If ya' all want to bounce me a name/number that'd be great. Otherwise I'll hunt around with the couple of hints others have left.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Anyone have any current pricing on the 7/100/0 platinum?

Old 01-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Enthusiast

Try Midwest Toyota (Kansas City) , just do a google search for them and ask for the finance manager.

Originally Posted by meerkat
Maybe so. Even at $2,700 for both - including the paint protection - sounds better than my skewering

They were pushing the paint/undercoat for $750 and wanted an addtioanl $695 for the remote start. If I had opted for the entire "works" i'd be crying for almost $5K !

I think if i could secure a decent "fair" price from another dealer i could (at the very least) use it as a chip to see how far - or if any - the dealer (Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge VA) might offer to bounce back to me. Worst case: I cancel and go elsewhere and lose the $25+$25 admin fee on the both.

My plan is the 7/100/0

If ya' all want to bounce me a name/number that'd be great. Otherwise I'll hunt around with the couple of hints others have left.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tnsig
Anyone have any current pricing on the 7/100/0 platinum?
Toyota of Greenfield in Greenfield, Massachusetts. Price - $690 for a 75,000 mile, 7 year warranty; $990 for 100,000 mile, 7 year warranty.

Troy Dietrich - (413) 772-0231
Toyota of Greenfield
12 Olive St.
Greenfield, MA 01301

Or visit their website: http://www.toyotadiscountwarranty.com/en_US/

Old 01-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Enthusiast

Went to the dealer today and told them I was going to cancel unless they would match the internet price. They told me that those prices weren't real and that the price was fixed nationally. I went on and cancelled the warranty. They wanted me to sign the blank cancel form and they said that they would fill it out later. I insisted that it be filled out and that I got a copy. What a pack of lies. If they don't want my money then that's too bad!

I'll be calling TF in a week to make sure they got the paperwork.

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands