View Poll Results: Who knew more about yor TCH?
I knew much more than my salesperson.
65.75%
I knew less than my salesperson.
4.11%
I knew some and my salesperson taught me some.
27.40%
I did not have a salesperson. I bought it out right.
2.74%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Who knew more?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Who knew more?

Originally Posted by rjivey
I did all my research on the net, then went to the dealership to take a test drive.
Went to 2 different d(s)tealers, neither wanted to talk about a TCH, they just wanted to sell one off the lot. Got the whole "why do you want to spend xxx more for a hybrid" speech from both.
Drives me CRAZY when they do that. I'm there to buy a specific product, don't try to redirect me to something else.

One of the d(s)tealers calls me and says they had a deal fall through of a TCH to come by and give it a test drive. Salesman knew NOTHING about the car, I had to show him 90%of the features, but we ended un not liking the color (Mag Grey).

Ended up calling our credit union car buying service, told them we wanted either a Jasper, Barc Red or a White in that order with NO FREEKIN $700 oil change (Toyo Guard, I live in GA. pretty much automatic around here).

Well they call back last Fri. said they have a Red one (no Toyo guard)in port, it's ours if we want it, I said done deal. Saved us big bucks with sales tax on the trade in. Even got the floor mats free.
4 days from 1st call to cu to delivery of the car, Credit Unions are the way to go

Picked it up at the credit union, dropped our trade in at the cu, didn't have to set foot at a d(s)tealership.
Thats great! I got the stupid toyo gaurd. WHAT A RIP OFF!

Old 08-23-2006, 08:47 AM
HSD Organic Interface

My salesperson had a general idea of what was happening, but not the finer points. Whenever he'd say something that wasn't correct, I just smiled and said nothing. I really wasn't out to educate their sales force, I just wanted the car...

Old 08-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My salesman even told me the "B" gear was for "BATTERY" !!! I just let him get away with it because I was in a hurry to get the deal finished.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by lars-ss
My salesman even told me the "B" gear was for "BATTERY" !!! I just let him get away with it because I was in a hurry to get the deal finished.
I respect someone when the answer is "I don't know, but I'll be happy to find that out". They're honest and I can have confidence in them when they say they know the answer. I hate it when people make sh** up.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by FL07THC
Thats great! I got the stupid toyo gaurd. WHAT A RIP OFF!
What's Toyo Guard? A Rotweiler in the back seat making sure no one steals the car?

Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Orcrone
What's Toyo Guard? A Rotweiler in the back seat making sure no one steals the car?
http://setbuyatoyota.com/promotions/...spx?dealerId=1

Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 PM

Never heard of it. Thanks for the link.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

You would, however, have been doing a great service to future buyers, and the salesperson if you HAD educated them. Maybe not the full 1 hour walkthrough but at least correct the misstatements.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:07 AM

I was glad to educate my salesperson. He was really nice and helpful in other aspects of the sale.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:07 AM
"Silver Bullet" Owner
Default Re: Who knew more, Salesman or me?

I would have to say it was 50/50. My salesman was very knowledgeable.

Quick Reply: Who knew more?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands