Dead battery problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Dead battery problems?

Three questions for HiHy owners who had to replace their 12V auxiliary battery:

1. Did you obtain a replacement from the dealer or another source? (If another source, what was the brand, model etc.)

2. What price did you pay if not covered under warranty?

3. The HiHy repair manual makes reference to the need to initialize the engine ECU after 12V power has been restored, regarding idle speed control learning (p. IN-54, 2006 repair manual). Did you follow that procedure? If not did you notice any driveability problems?

Thanks.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast

I had two dead battery experiences from my kids leaving the rear seat overhead light on. I would have thought it would have been easy to turn this off when the vehicle is turned off after a short while.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Enthusiast

Didn't know if wouldn't. Good to know.

Thanks.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Enthusiast

My 08 is on it's forth battery. my wife drives it many miles a day. The dealer service dept. just told us not to leave the keys in the car (we had in pasted in a locked garage). the car senses the key and turns some circuit on that continues to drain the battery. we'll see if this solves the problem.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast

Hey, for info...

I have not read the entire set of posts but my '09 has had similar issues. The shop said that it tested fine but they (under advise from my local shop) did a separate test on the battery... The initial test said it was ok but it did not have enough output to light a bulb.

They replaced the batt for me, and claim that it is likely a bad set but the tech also indicated that he thought the batt is a bad design as in it is too small for the car. Ever since replacing the battery the vehicle is working much better... Better econ and better hybrid braking. It was having braking issues just before it shat itself. I asked if we can put in a larger batt but he said it is not that easy without the hybrid??? Anyway, I will be watching it.