Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Highlander Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-highlander-hybrid-31/)
-   -   hybrid inverter ? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-highlander-hybrid-31/hybrid-inverter-23579/)

darrell 01-04-2010 05:51 AM

hybrid inverter ?

hey guys my friend works at a body shop and they had a wrecked hybrid highlander come in it was minor damage drove in with no running problems the insurance had them replace the inverter because the inverter cover was slightly damaged he says there was no coolant leak or anything physically wrong with the inverter at all just a dent in the cover.
his boss told him he could have it which he gave to me, he said he does not have time to fool with it.my question is what would be the value of this and where would be a good place to try and unload it.

thanks
darrell

monte b 02-10-2010 07:56 PM

Re: hybrid inverter ?

Darrell:

Do you still have the inverter? What year of Highlander hybrid was it?
monte b

darrell 02-12-2010 03:53 AM

yes i still have it, it came from a 2006 toyota highlander.

monte b 02-12-2010 05:17 AM

Darrell:

Please contact me directly at monte@sunkingfencing.com if you would. I may have another lead on one so I'm trying to get the first one possible.

Thanks,

Monte

rcomeau 02-21-2010 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by monte b (Post 218588)
Darrell:

Please contact me directly at monte@sunkingfencing.com if you would. I may have another lead on one so I'm trying to get the first one possible.

Thanks,

Monte

It is a bad idea to put your email address on a public forum. Automatic spam bots troll them for email addresses. Has your spam count shot up? If you can edit the post, at least reword your post to change your address to a human readable version (e.g. myaddress at mycompany dot com) to at least prevent some of them from harvesting your address.

ckb2004 03-18-2010 03:39 PM

Darrel,
do you still have the inverter for the 2006 Highlander?
Thanks,
Cris

Maryland John 06-21-2010 07:08 AM

Please report your invert failure to the NHTSA (888)327-4236. Only takes a few minutes and multiple complaints hopefully will lead to an investigation. Please file a complaint even if your inverter is replaced under warranty.

The NHSTA rep that took my compliant suggested filing complaints with both the FTC (877)382-4357 and your state's Attorney General.