Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Check Engine Light code P1118 (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/check-engine-light-code-p1118-25009/)

bear15 09-06-2010 11:30 AM

Check Engine Light code P1118

Check Engine Light code P1118

Has anyone received Check Engine Light code P1118? We have had this one come on and off for the last month or so. The code on our reader indicates "Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering".

Thanks for your consideration.
-Ed

jdenenberg 09-06-2010 12:54 PM

Re: Check Engine Light code P1118

That's a high temperature alarm (coolant) in a Prius. Either air in the coolant system (A Prius has two separate coolant circuits: one for the engine and one for the power electronics) or a faulty water pump (My Prius has four water pumps: Engine, Electronics, Heater coil, and Thermos).

In other cars it is a fuel/air metering problem. Your Honda could be different.

JeffD

bear15 09-06-2010 01:02 PM

Jeff,
Yes, this code is from our 2007 Prius. Any suggestions on how we should narrow this down?

Thanks for your consideration
-Ed

Originally Posted by jdenenberg (Post 227150)
That's a high temperature alarm (coolant) in a Prius. Either air in the coolant system (A Prius has two separate coolant circuits: one for the engine and one for the power electronics) or a faulty water pump (My Prius has four water pumps: Engine, Electronics, Heater coil, and Thermos).

In other cars it is a fuel/air metering problem. Your Honda could be different.

JeffD

jdenenberg 09-06-2010 01:16 PM

It seems to point to the heat recovery sensor (the Thermos bottle). Good luck in tracking it down. The Prius_Technical_Discussion group (Yahoo) or PriusChat in the GenII Maintenance discussion area would be good resources for help.

JeffD

bear15 09-06-2010 03:39 PM

You don't happen to know how we can find the correct part number, do you?

Originally Posted by jdenenberg (Post 227152)
It seems to point to the heat recovery sensor (the Thermos bottle). Good luck in tracking it down. The Prius_Technical_Discussion group (Yahoo) or PriusChat in the GenII Maintenance discussion area would be good resources for help.

JeffD

jdenenberg 09-07-2010 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by bear15 (Post 227153)
You don't happen to know how we can find the correct part number, do you?

I sent you a "Private" message with links to free copies of the Prius Technical Manuals (a violation of copyright so they may disappear from the public links). They are publicly available at this time at:

http://www.selidori.com/tech/prius/DOC/ An Italian site.
  • 2004-2005 Prius are covered by Tech2004.rar
  • 2006-2009 Prius are covered by Tech2006,rar
  • 2010 Prius (Tech2010.rar) seemed to be the user manual :( the last time I looked at it.
RAR is a file archive format that some file archive utilities understand.

JeffD