Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   cover for cargo area snafu (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/cover-cargo-area-snafu-4307/)

infael 10-25-2005 07:29 AM

cover for cargo area snafu

For lack of a better word, I'll just call that cover in the cargo area a cover. There are 2 tabs that hold the cover in place. 1 keeps falling off. Does any1 know how I can make it stay on, without having to buy a new one, which would probably cost a bundle?

JeromeP 10-26-2005 12:42 AM

Re: cover for cargo area snafu

Are you speaking of the end caps on the cover mechanism? That is the only think I can think of because the cover itself sits in cradles that are on either side of the compartment.

Sounds to me like you should not be trying to make the cover work, but should be getting a warranty replacement as this one sounds flawed. I seriously doubt that the cover has been abused, so warranty should replace it no questions asked. Don't delay on this should you be close to the end of your warranty.

infael 10-26-2005 07:36 AM

I looked under the cover and found screw holes. A screw fell out. Lucikly I found it. :)

solar dad 10-26-2005 01:03 PM

On a related topic - does anyone else's cargo cover rattle when retracted? I finally removed it and keep it on the cargo surface instead of in its cradle.

Mike

JeromeP 10-26-2005 01:14 PM

There should be some felt on the bottom edges of the end caps of the shade mechanism. Those felt surfaces should touch the bottom of the slots in the cargo area side panels.

If the felt is missing or not there that would lead to possible noise.

Instead of keeping the shade on the floor of teh cargo area, put it in its designated slots under the floor of the cargo area. I usually store mine in there and I have never noticed it make noise when stored out of the way.