Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Prius II Top Speed (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/prius-ii-top-speed-6825/)

CamelFilters 04-14-2006 07:31 PM

Prius II Top Speed

Has anyone ever reached the top speed of their PriusII?
I'm reluctant to push mine past 125km/hr i'm scared i may be over revving (since there is no tachometer to guide me); so if anyone has gone higher than this please share some info.
i've read somewhere that it's 160km/hr or about 100mph but i cant confirm that.

Jason 04-14-2006 07:39 PM

Re: Prius II Top Speed

From what I've read, it's somewhere between 100 and 110 mph.

foo monkey 04-14-2006 07:46 PM

I've read it's limited to 110 MPH.

CamelFilters 04-14-2006 08:27 PM

great!

thanks everyone for the info,

now i dont have to "test" my car and use it as a guinea pig and drive it to that speed knowing what you guys have told me.

I cannot picture a hybrid car running at 110MPH or 176KM/hr anyway, that would be like a ford mustang pulling a boat (i actually witnessed this the other day BTW).:D

thanks

Clubford00 04-14-2006 10:55 PM

well I beg to differ from your #'s guys, however according to my speedo i reached 112mph on interstate 294 near chicago and when i hit that speed the computer shut me down ! it was almost like i reached the magic # and the car flipped a switch and knocked me down. once i reached about 90 i had the throttle again, but i didnt go back up to that speed. Im sure this is some safety device built in. Ive been racing formula type cars for 25 years and i had too, i just had too. Its in my nature to push it. oh and one more thing, at about 105 mph, i was getting 31 mpg !!! cool.

CamelFilters 04-15-2006 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Clubford00
Ive been racing formula type cars for 25 years and i had too, i just had too. Its in my nature to push it..

Yup, i know that feeling, I've been tempted by it more than a few times.:D

I love speed as well,
My other car is not exactly a rocket, but in the instruction booklet it says max speed limited electronically to 205km/hr. So i went ahead and "investigated" more than (a lot) of times.
:D :D

agamotto 04-15-2006 02:24 PM

I managed 110mph twice, but the noise from the tires was freaking me out.