Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Website Questions & Input (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/)
-   -   These forums are wierd (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/these-forums-wierd-4830/)

Omegaphoenix 12-04-2005 10:23 AM

These forums are wierd

So i've noticed that the first post seems to be at the bottom of the page and as people post it puts them above one another. Is there an option so I can change it to where the posts get displayed beneath one another?
Thanks

tbaleno 12-04-2005 10:48 AM

Re: These forums are wierd

I believe if you go to your user settings you can define how you want them.

lakedude 12-04-2005 10:50 AM

There must be, mine always come out in a non-weird order. Maybe you have the upsy-downsy virus!

Seriously, I'll check but my options are different from a regular user cause I'm a mod, checking......

bar10dah 12-04-2005 10:53 AM

Yes, there is.

Go to User CP, Edit Options, Thread Display Options.

lakedude 12-04-2005 10:56 AM

What are the various thread display options?
When viewing a thread, you will be able to view the thread from a choice of four modes.

1. Linear Mode (Oldest First) - In this mode, posts are displayed chronologically from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously.
2. Linear Mode (Newest First) - This is the same as the above mode, except that posts are ordered in an opposite way (newest first).
3. Threaded Mode - In this mode, a tree is shown along with every post. This tree allows you to see the relationship each post has to others, in terms of who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time.
4. Hybrid Mode - This mode is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed like in the threaded mode, but multiple posts are displayed simultaneously like in the linear modes.

Omegaphoenix 12-04-2005 01:46 PM

ah yes that worked. Thanks for the help guys. :)