New HCH II owners, possible problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New HCH II owners, possible problem

Got my firmware updated today on my 2006 HCHII, in turns out that the free thing they were doing on my car was a safety recall to do with wiring on the DC to DC converter, the firmware update was not free and I paid $63 for it.

The car did seem to pull away from a stop smoother and a little more urgently, but I only drove it less than a mile to work so I will have to drive it more to really see if its made a difference.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

As an update, the harsh engagement is absolutely gone. It drives *way* better now, especially in stop and go traffic.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well this is kind of an old post, but I just had my 2007 Civic with a little more than 12,000 miles in for a B1 service, I mentioned the harsh engagement, they check their data base and said nothing applies to me....I took my laptop with me for entertainment while waiting, they offer free internet, maybe a dangerous combo for them...I came here and looked it up...Bingo TSB found
http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/A08-014.pdf
took the laptop back out to the service bay, said, hey what about this, oops, they missed it, I apparently did not discribe the problem "corectly" I said it jerks like it is lugging when it comes out of autostop, they said use better gas...Long story short, they flashed the car (software not raincoat) and it seems much smoother...I will update after driving it a few days...Thanks guys for being the wealth of information you are .

Old 04-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

That's Awesome!

I've gotten to the point where I just bring TSB's with me, it gets things done. I kind of have an in at the dealership I use and can just go in and talk to the actual technicians, and they have one guy who really knows his stuff. He was the one who originally pulled this TSB up for me the second time I brought it in for the harsh engagement, and of course they couldn't replicate it when they tried.

On my 07 the updated firmware has fixed the problem. Engagement is much nicer and even when doing a coast down a slight incline in auto stop at 30mph and letting off the brake is only minimally annoying. From a stop it's perfect. Depending on how old your firmware is you might notice your air conditioning working better this summer too.