2005 FEH -- wrench/service soon warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2005 FEH -- wrench/service engine soon warning

I have been searching the internet for a while regarding this problem, and finally I stumbled upon your website. I have seen a couple of other posts regarding this issue, but thought I may be able to get some info regarding our exact problem. Here is our problem. We'll be driving along and the WRENCH will pop up and the SERVICE ENGINE SOON will be on the display. The engine will rev quite high and the truck will not be able to accalerate. (only travels at approx. 20KPH) If we pull over and shut the vehicle off and re-start immediately, everything will be back to normal.We've taken the vehicle to our dealer and they find nothing wrong, no codes either. Once I actually made it home in this condition and plugged in a code reader and got nothing either.Any information anyone has will be greatly appreciated.</p>

Last edited by jaxson91; 05-22-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default Re: 2005 FEH -- wrench/service soon warning

There is a service bulletin for a bad cooling door actuator for the traction battery. TSB 07-25-12

Also have heard of the throttle system going bad causing all kinds of problems and is somewhat intermittent. HTH

Your code reader may not be able to read Body Control Module codes

Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 FEH -- wrench/service engine soon warning

Originally Posted by jaxson91
I have been searching the internet for a while regarding this problem, and finally I stumbled upon your website. I have seen a couple of other posts regarding this issue, but thought I may be able to get some info regarding our exact problem. Here is our problem. We'll be driving along and the WRENCH will pop up and the SERVICE ENGINE SOON will be on the display. The engine will rev quite high and the truck will not be able to accalerate. (only travels at approx. 20KPH) If we pull over and shut the vehicle off and re-start immediately, everything will be back to normal.We've taken the vehicle to our dealer and they find nothing wrong, no codes either. Once I actually made it home in this condition and plugged in a code reader and got nothing either.Any information anyone has will be greatly appreciated.</p>
If you have a scanguage you should be able to see what LOS is being engaged when this happens. This should point you in the right direction. I haven't posted the codes for the LOS, but they are very easy to do.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

LOS--- Limited Operational Strategy

Old 05-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Enthusiast

Do you think that me being in Canada, that the service bulletins would be different from the ones in the U.S?

Old 05-24-2008, 09:28 AM

Here is how to program an xgauge to indicate when in "Limited Operating Strategy" mode:

TXD: 07E022497F
RXF: 04628549067F
RXD: 3010
MTH: 000100010000
NAM: LOS

Should read 0 when not in an LOS; will read the following when in an LOS:

0.1: related to Engine
0.2: related to Generator Motor
0.4: reated to Traction motor
0.8: related to Regenerative Braking
1.6: related to One-Way Clutch
3.2: related to engine no start
25.6: related to Traction Battery
51.2: related to 12V battery
204: related to Ignition Key Position
409: related to Transaxle
819: related to Independent Plausibility Checker
1638: related to E-Quizzer
3276: related to ETC System

Old 05-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

DD where do you find this info, this is very cool and VERY useful. I will have to inquire with the next trainer how I get this out of my $5,000 scanner.

I dont know if Canada uses the same TSBs, but they should as it doesnt make sense to have a different system.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaxson91
Do you think that me being in Canada, that the service bulletins would be different from the ones in the U.S?
The only difference is they have "eh" at the end of the sentences. You know what I mean, eh?

Old 05-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

How about the PID for battery air door position?
I know one exists because I've seen it on a mater list of PID... a list without the addresses unfortunately.

My battery is not cooling on very cool nights.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith
DD where do you find this info, this is very cool and VERY useful. I will have to inquire with the next trainer how I get this out of my $5,000 scanner.

I dont know if Canada uses the same TSBs, but they should as it doesnt make sense to have a different system.
This PID is from the list in the 2005 Powertrain/Emissions Diagnosis manual. The LOS states are bitwise encoded. I assumed all LOS states would be 0 if not engaged, but it appears that the generator LOS is reversed polarity. Either that or I am constantly in a generator related LOS....

Quick Reply: 2005 FEH -- wrench/service soon warning

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands