2008 Navigation Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner
Default 2008 Navigation Package

I bought an 08 on Sunday 18-March. It was the only one the dealer had. No NAV system, but everything else. They are going to add the factory NAV package. My understanding from the literature is that it includes premium sound with seven speakers. I thik the standard sound system now installed has 5 speakers. One in each of the 4 doors and one in the passenger side rear. Does anyone know where the other two speakers will be installed? Are the door speakers with the standard sound the same as the premium speakers?
Where are the NAV DVDs loaded?
Also, the dealer is having some problems ordering the system from Ford. Are there 08s out there withe the NAV package?

Old 03-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Navigation Package

I was in the dealership today for a tire issue and they received their first '08. It was being prepped for delivery but it looked liked my '07 as far as speaker placement. The other 2 you are talking about are the tweeters which are in the front doors next to the mirrors in a pod on the door. I only had a minute to see it but the pods were there.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I recently replaced all the factory speakers in my 06 FEH that came with factory NAV & the 7 speaker sound system.

The door speakers are exactly the same in the 7 speaker setup as they are in the base models(in other words they suck). The only differences are, the "audiophile" system comes with a subwoofer in the rear & tweeters in the sail panels at the base of the pillar posts.

I replaced all four door speakers with Infinity separate component tweeter/woofer speakers hooked to a class D 70 watt x 4 MTX amp mounted under the driver seat. I replaced the junk factory NAV setup with a dbl DIN Eclipse 5500 NAV/DVD/MP3/CDR/backup camera etc. head unit(totally awesome unit). I retained the factory SUB & AMP & hooked them to the SUB outs of the Eclipse. I also added a Kenwood self powered sub under the passenger seat.

My new system is not competition grade, but it is close enough for 99% of the users out there & sounds 1000 times better than the stock junk.......

~John

Old 03-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I picked up my 2008 MMH on Tuesday and it is equipped with the navigation system. The DVD is loaded behind the screen. When you tell the system that you would like to load/unload the DVD, the screen slides down and lays flat, revealing a slot for the navigation DVD.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:48 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Thanks for the info! Is this a single DVD, or a regional DVD?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by jmorton10

The door speakers are exactly the same in the 7 speaker setup as they are in the base models(in other words they suck). The only differences are, the "audiophile" system comes with a subwoofer in the rear & tweeters in the sail panels at the base of the pillar posts.
That is what I thought too. It was either 4 speakers or 7 (4+tweeters+sub) speakers. I don't know if the factory ever shipped 5 speakers (4+sub).

Also, at least for the MMH, the Nav system with the Premium Pkg had the 7 speakers, but the stand alone option Nav system came with only 4 speakers.

As to the new models, I thought I read somewhere that the '08 "audiophile" now had tweeters in the rear doors too? Is that true?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by wvujeb
The DVD is loaded behind the screen. When you tell the system that you would like to load/unload the DVD, the screen slides down and lays flat, revealing a slot for the navigation DVD.
So, the map DVD slot is separate from the audio CD slot???

Old 03-23-2007, 04:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

It has a 6 disc CD changer in-dash. There is a place above the LCD to put the CDs in. When the screen slides down, there is two slots behind it. The top one is the one that the CDs go into when you put the CDs in. The bottom slot is for the DVD. There is only one DVD.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmorton10
I recently replaced all the factory speakers in my 06 FEH that came with factory NAV & the 7 speaker sound system.

I replaced all four door speakers with Infinity separate component tweeter/woofer speakers hooked to a class D 70 watt x 4 MTX amp mounted under the driver seat. I replaced the junk factory NAV setup with a dbl DIN Eclipse 5500 NAV/DVD/MP3/CDR/backup camera etc. head unit(totally awesome unit). I retained the factory SUB & AMP & hooked them to the SUB outs of the Eclipse. I also added a Kenwood self powered sub under the passenger seat.

My new system is not competition grade, but it is close enough for 99% of the users out there & sounds 1000 times better than the stock junk.......

~John

Cool John. I must say the factory system is junk for the money. My '00 Dodge Dakota has a factory Infinity system and it is light years beyond the FEH system. I will junk this system when the factory components wear out and replace with a better one. I could have built the factory setup with $300. and a trip to radioshak in 1998.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA

As to the new models, I thought I read somewhere that the '08 "audiophile" now had tweeters in the rear doors too? Is that true?
I'm not really sure about that, I work at a car dealer but I haven't seen an 08 with the "audiophile" system yet.

It's worth adding rear tweeters, my Infinity's are seperate woofer/tweeter setups & adding a tweeter near the top of the rear doors really helped out the sound a lot.

~John

Quick Reply: 2008 Navigation Package

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands