Battery Cooling Fan Failure: Warranty or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery Cooling Fan Failure: Warranty or Not?

I had problems with my MMH not going into EV mode. Assumed it was the battery cooling system. Took it to my local dealer and they called me that same day and told me it was the HV battery cooling fan and that the repair would be covered under warranty. No questions, no BS. Took a few days to get the parts and had it back on the road the following week.

So, some dealers and techs know what they are doing and others don't.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Great and educational thread! No battery cooling fan failure from Canada yet..

Old 07-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Once Ford has the part number loaded into the system for coverage there should be no more misunderstandings. Good luck everyone.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast

It was too soon to hope that Ford would have this fixed. I'm having the same disagreement with my local dealer. I spoke with Ford customer service and a supervisor there. I gave the case# earlier referenced in this forum. The supervisor said "The dealer could get into a lot of trouble by entering part numbers in a misleading fashion". Next step: someone at Ford is calling my local dealer. Any suggestions? Could I have the name of a dealer who actually did this that I could share with my local dealership?

Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 AM

That response from your dealer is cheap attempt to divert the conversation. He should take that case number and go into the Ford system and find out the specifics of why that problem was warranteed. Go back to your dealer and tell him start doing his homework!

Old 12-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you for the Thread and the case numbers. I was told yesterday that "cooling fans" had failed and parts + labor would be $780.

I do want to confirm that the dealership is talking about the cooling fans in the battery and not somewhere else in the car. But I have 2 case numbers for them too look up so hopefully this will be easily resolved.

Gary, are you still willing to take on Ford if it's not? I have to admit this could be a great human interest story.... unemployed wife, husband deployed this month for 3rd time to Iraq/Kuwait, and Ford may not want to cover the warrenty due to bad part info entered in their computer system?

Old 01-04-2012, 05:12 AM

If this helps anyone, here is my dealership paperwork from the warranty repair I had done last summer.

Name:  WVpiX.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  192.9 KB

Old 01-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Battery Cooling Fan Failure: Warranty or Not?

Thank you All!

Having the case numbers did the trick.

The lady in charge of the warranty and I spoke on Monday - she repeated the part wasn't covered. I gave her the history of the situation: assembly covered in 2005, still covered today but the parts inside weren't listed as covered which makes no sense, basically faulty data entry on Ford ITs part, and gave her the 2 case numbers listed here.

She called back bright and early this morning and they got it covered I didn't have to get on the phone with Ford customer service at all.

I'm already going to a dealership outside my town, because the local guys are just crooks plain and simple. See a part on line, go to order thru them and the price increases 50% from online listing. They've tried to pull that 3 times on my husband. The dealership we use now has always treated us well, so I really feel like this was the first time they've run into this situation. And I happen to know for a fact I have the 2nd oldest FEH in the area by 3 days.

Great boards! I hope I don't need your expertise anytime soon but I'm so very thankful you all are out here

Old 01-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Yes, it's cold

Hello everyone. First post for me here. Unfortunately, it's often because you're trying to find the answer to a problem that you end up finding a forum like this (a good forum I can tell).

I (my wife, actually) has a 2007 Escape Hybrid, around 75K miles. The battery cooling fan stopped working. Only knew this because it was taken in for a "service emissions system" problem code. That was the result of a cylinder misfire (needs plugs and one coil). Dealer also found a code for the fan, so need that fixed. I have talked to the dealership and Ford Motor Company (got the Florida office, phone number posted by someone earlier in this thread) and keep getting the answer that the fan (kit) is not under warranty. I've used all of the ammo I could find on this site, but so far their answer remains the same. Ford had no interest whatsoever in the Ford case numbers that I got here for people who got their fans replaced under warranty. I was able to meet with someone at the dealership yesterday who has sent an email to the regional (Seattle, WA) Ford office to try to get this resolved. I will post what happens. Frustrating to see so many here who have gotten their fans covered under warranty (so I know that it can be done), and to keep being told that it's not under warranty.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Alaska
Hello everyone. First post for me here. Unfortunately, it's often because you're trying to find the answer to a problem that you end up finding a forum like this (a good forum I can tell).

I (my wife, actually) has a 2007 Escape Hybrid, around 75K miles. The battery cooling fan stopped working. Only knew this because it was taken in for a "service emissions system" problem code. That was the result of a cylinder misfire (needs plugs and one coil). Dealer also found a code for the fan, so need that fixed. I have talked to the dealership and Ford Motor Company (got the Florida office, phone number posted by someone earlier in this thread) and keep getting the answer that the fan (kit) is not under warranty. I've used all of the ammo I could find on this site, but so far their answer remains the same. Ford had no interest whatsoever in the Ford case numbers that I got here for people who got their fans replaced under warranty. I was able to meet with someone at the dealership yesterday who has sent an email to the regional (Seattle, WA) Ford office to try to get this resolved. I will post what happens. Frustrating to see so many here who have gotten their fans covered under warranty (so I know that it can be done), and to keep being told that it's not under warranty.
Same old crap! The Battery Assembly part # needs to be used by the dealer. If Ford wants to replace the entire battery assembly that is covered under that warranty, tell them to go ahead. My guess is Ford will cover the fans instead. What a bunch of idiots!

GaryG

Quick Reply: Battery Cooling Fan Failure: Warranty or Not?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands