Electric Cabin Heater Pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Enthusiast
Default Electric Cabin Heater Pump

My electric cabin heater pump quit on my 2005 Escape Hybrid 2WD. Can I replace this pump myself? Does anyone know the Ford Part number? I get heating just fine in gas mode but my heat quits in EV mode. Being in Michigan I'm tired of my feet getting cold when I'm at a stop light LOL. I have noticed the car stays in EV longer with this pump broken.

Also is there a relay or fuse I can check for this Thanks...

Old 01-26-2010, 06:40 AM
Default Re: Electric Cabin Heater Pump

Originally Posted by rocket
My electric cabin heater pump quit on my 2005 Escape Hybrid 2WD. Can I replace this pump myself? Does anyone know the Ford Part number? I get heating just fine in gas mode but my heat quits in EV mode. Being in Michigan I'm tired of my feet getting cold when I'm at a stop light LOL. I have noticed the car stays in EV longer with this pump broken.

Also is there a relay or fuse I can check for this Thanks...
There is a Relay 004 for the heater pump in the battery junction box near the air filter. Also, there is F2 (10A) and F8 (15A) that are for the heater and M/E pumps in that same box.

If you turn the climate control system to the Off position the heater pump will not run in EV also.

GaryG

Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Enthusiast

Dear Rocket: I have the same problem!!! Last year my dealership caharged me 600.00 for a new pump and it didn't work. If you figure out what your problem is can you please let me know. I cant aford to go back to the dealership and thae pump is obviously not the problem. Thank you Greg White - Chicago 773-908-4521 greglwhite@comcast.ney

Old 01-26-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by GREG WHITE
Dear Rocket: I have the same problem!!! Last year my dealership caharged me 600.00 for a new pump and it didn't work. If you figure out what your problem is can you please let me know. I cant aford to go back to the dealership and thae pump is obviously not the problem. Thank you Greg White - Chicago 773-908-4521 greglwhite@comcast.ney
Is it possible the dealership replaced the electronic coolant pump rather than the small electric heater pump? I'd get out the paperwork and post the parts numbers so I can check it. The electronics coolant pump has a long history of going bad but it is rare the heater pump goes bad. If you still have cold air in EV, that may be your problem.

GaryG

Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you Gary G : very much apricate your help. MY FORD BILL READS AS FOLLOWS: PUMP ASY PART NUMBER 6M6Z-84C419A. AND THE PART COST IS 281.36 thank you again!!!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by GREG WHITE
Thank you Gary G : very much apricate your help. MY FORD BILL READS AS FOLLOWS: PUMP ASY PART NUMBER 6M6Z-84C419A. AND THE PART COST IS 281.36 thank you again!!!!!
The part # in the workshop manual will not be exactly the same but the electronics coolant pump # is 8C419. I'd have to say they changed the wrong pump for the heater core circulation while in EV. Ford put the the electric heater pump in the hybrid so engine coolant circulates while in EV. The electronics coolant pump is a separate pump to cool the eCVT and DC/DC converter and is not part of the engine coolant system that heats the cabin through the heater core in the climate control system in your dash. The part number is blank in my '05 manual for the heater pump but I'm sure it is much different than the part # they replaced.

If you took your FEH to the dealer to fix the heater, you got screwed!

GaryG

Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Enthusiast

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question related to how cabin heating should work when in EV. My 09 FEHL starts blowing cool turning to cold air when the ICE shuts down and I go into EV at a traffic light. Is this Normal??? I have only had the vehicle for 16 months, and am nearing 36K.

Not sure if I should have this looked at by the dealer, and can't remember if it worked that way last winter.

Thanks, you guys really know this vehicle.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Enthusiast

no this in not normal. you are still under warrenty so take it to the dealership as soon as you can. this problem only gets worse.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Enthusiast

I'm still going to check the fuses and relays but it would be nice if I could get the part number for the heater pump. Can anyone help??

Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by specelec
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question related to how cabin heating should work when in EV. My 09 FEHL starts blowing cool turning to cold air when the ICE shuts down and I go into EV at a traffic light. Is this Normal??? I have only had the vehicle for 16 months, and am nearing 36K.

Not sure if I should have this looked at by the dealer, and can't remember if it worked that way last winter.

Thanks, you guys really know this vehicle.
I just checked my '09 PCM/ED manual to make sure the heater pump operation is the same as my '05 FEH and it is. Sounds like your heater pump is not working properly also. Take it to the dealer for repair and post your results in this thread.

GaryG

Quick Reply: Electric Cabin Heater Pump

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands