Another Hidden Menu

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Another Hidden Menu

(All these hacks are not found by me, just found them on the web and all the pictures are also collected from web as well, so thanks to everybody out there who contributed to this)

There is an easier way to get into the Hidden Diagnostic mode;

1. press 'DISPLAY'
2. then touch Upper Left corner (where the red dots are) then Lower Left Corner, repeat 3 times or until it goes into diag mode.

This will take you to the Service Menu, Click on MENU button at the top right and this takes you to the hidden Diagnostic menut

You can press on the Navigation Check button and within Navigation Check screen, press on Vehicle Sensors button and this will give you the GPS (Navigation) speedometer and you can confirm that the car speedometer is faster by about 3 mph as you drive and check, both the speed sensor in gps screen showing mph and your speedometer.

Press on the navigation menu button to go back to the diag. menu and from there you can get to another hidden menu by pressing these imaginary 1 and two buttons shown in this picture below. I don't know if you can do much in the next hidden screen as I did not explore that much.

To exit out of the Diag. Menu, completely just press on the Display button on your Nav for about 5 seconds and you are back to I Agree screen.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:41 AM
Olde Farte
Default Re: Another Hidden Menu

I gave this a try yesterday - at least to the screen to monitor GPS speed. Seems to work just as described.

Thanks for posting!

Old 12-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Another Hidden Menu

What software version are you using? (Wondering if these hidden screens are on v6.1.) Also, would some v6.1 users see if the 'override' feature might have been moved to these hidden screens???

Great post, can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Old 12-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Olde Farte

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
What software version are you using?
I'm able to access on 5.1.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jagbagri
There is an easier way to get into the Hidden Diagnostic mode;
For me, this is a totally new find! I never knew there was a "harder way" to get to this menu! Thanks for the post!

Old 12-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Great Find! I have quickly confirmed that i can get to these screens, using the "Hybrid DVD" 5.1 loading file and 6.1 map data. Later today, when I have more time, I will attempt to adjust the Bluetooth settings, as my callers often comment I sound "far away", and that causes me to kinda shout when using the bluetooth. Hopefully these adjustments will fix this.

Anyone have any success with adjusting these settings? Which settings did you change, and to what numbers? Send, receive, quality? Thanks!!! I will also report after I have made my adjustments and the successes.

Last edited by jbollt; 12-13-2006 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
Anyone have any success with adjusting these settings? Which settings did you change, and to what numbers? Send, receive, quality? Thanks!!! I will also report after I have made my adjustments and the successes.
On the bluetooth menu I found that as you increase the outgoing volume, it increases the level of distortion as well. The quieter the volume, the clearer it is, but hard to hear. I found that increasing to +1 (or may be +2) worked best. Once I got up to +3 or higher the other end was loud but highly distorted and hard to understand.

Last edited by jagbagri; 12-13-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamm3r
For me, this is a totally new find! I never knew there was a "harder way" to get to this menu! Thanks for the post!

The 'harder way' is to turn the ignition ON (NOT start just ignition on, foot off the barke and press ON twice) then hold the INFO button and turn the lights on and off 3 times (not auto but off and on). this will take you to the same diag. menu. But I'm affraid I'll burn the headlamps some day doing like this.. That's why I preffer te easier way described above.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow,

I definitely like the easier way better Thanks again!

Old 12-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Another Hidden Menu

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
What software version are you using? (Wondering if these hidden screens are on v6.1.) Also, would some v6.1 users see if the 'override' feature might have been moved to these hidden screens???

Great post, can't wait to try it. Thanks!

I have tested this on my TCH with v6.1 and i am able to get to these screens. some of the options are different but may be its because i checked it when the car was switched off, may be it will be different when the car is running i will check and update ASAP.

i have taken pictures from my cell, if any one want i can upload them.

Quick Reply: Another Hidden Menu

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands