Current Modified Hybrids and Future Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Current Modified Hybrids and Future Modifications

Originally Posted by mrpat0038
Please tell me where you got the back up camera and color keyed mudflaps installed.
I ordered my colored mud guards fromTRDPARTS4U.COM out of Texas ( http://www.trdparts4u.com/ME-CDCE.aspx ). Delivery time was less than 1 week from ordering to setting at my door. Current price: $34.50 Front / $34.50 Rear.

Installation was easy in the front. For the rear, it took a little longer.

Last edited by JHSmith; 06-07-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Enthusiast

Goodness, I'm hella inspired! Please keep them coming! I LOVE how the side moldings look as well as the mud guards. Hmmm...

Old 06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
(Sliding armrest) from the XLE model? how'd you do that?
I went to Parts and had them lookup the part number for the XLE sliding armrest in the proper color and surface to match my TCH (Ash non-leather). It arrived the next day.

I removed the panel below the rear A/C vents, removed the four screws holding the armrest down, removed the old armrest and replaced it with the XLE armrest, then replaced the screws and panel. Less than 10 minutes of work.

I posted pictures here last year. https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/br...imageuser=5138

Last edited by john312; 06-08-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Enthusiast

how much did the sliding armrest cost? (and where did you buy it) Did it come with a stronger spring to hold it up while open? Mine won't stay up on its own and the dealer says this is normal.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hjmanasa
how much did the sliding armrest cost? (and where did you buy it) Did it come with a stronger spring to hold it up while open? Mine won't stay up on its own and the dealer says this is normal.
At my dealer it was $206.86 plus $17.59 tax. Someone commented that they were able to find it online for about $160. The part number was 58905-06180-B0 for the Ash non-leather armrest. To me it has been worth every penny of the $224.45 that I paid for it for the extra four inches of arm support.

It definitely has a stronger spring. You can see that they used a thicker wire for the spring. Mine has no problems staying up on its own. Once I forgot to close it and I drove around for a while with it open.

Here is a picture of it standing open in the extended position.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john312
I went to Parts and had them lookup the part number for the XLE sliding armrest in the proper color and surface to match my TCH (Ash non-leather). It arrived the next day.

I removed the panel below the rear A/C vents, removed the four screws holding the armrest down, removed the old armrest and replaced it with the XLE armrest, then replaced the screws and panel. Less than 10 minutes of work.

I posted pictures here last year. https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/br...imageuser=5138

wow, that seems like a really simple mod! Thanks for the pics!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pianewman
Flopshot,
Please post ASAP re: TRD front springs. I've only got 1200 miles on my TCH, and I'm on my 3rd package of Dramamine (only joking, but not by much).
I would love to tighten things up all around, so I'm anxious to hear how the TRD springs in the front balance with the SE springs in the rear. FYI, I'm a life-long Audi driver, so that's my point-of view re: how a car should handle.
Thanks.
Pianewman - I just installed the front TRD springs on Saturday night, and I've got 150 miles on them so far. I'm going to give it until Thursday so I will have 500 miles and a fair opinion, then I'll post my results on the existing thread I started about lowering springs.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=9839

Old 06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Foglights and lower grille chrome
CAM1.jpg
Debaged, 20% tint
CAM2-1.jpg
4300k HID's, terrible picture suggesting glare but the install was done properly with closing the spotters and reaiming the light height.
CAM3.jpg

Last edited by kris; 06-11-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

thanks for the pics, where did you get the work done and if you dont mind how much did each job cost. I am interested in the lighting especially mrpat0038@yahoo.com
I dont know much about using this blog so if I ask you more than once it will be because of my amateur status. Car looks great.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Enthusiast

i see comments about how your car looks but i dont know how to view the pictures.
Help please

Quick Reply: Current Modified Hybrids and Future Modifications

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands