Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog Lights

I have used clear package wrapping tape with good success on headlight lens holed by a rock.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDosDog
An update for those considering the ebay knock-off fog light kit. These lights are more driving lights than fog lights. Mine throw out a lot of light to the sides which really helps with visibility on unlit roads but in fog they glare alot even when aimed properly.
DosDog, Where did you get your XLE Light switch/Stalk?

Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chainedup
DosDog, Where did you get your XLE Light switch/Stalk?
I ordered it from Toyota.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:24 PM
rjm
Enthusiast

TheDosDog, I got a couple questions................Did you have to pull the steering wheel off to replace the turn signal stalk? I found that other non-hybrid Camry's require the removal of the steering wheel. Also, did you ever use the factory relay or did you stick with the aftermarket harness. How did you run the harness through the firewall? Did you use an existing hole? Thanks, Bob

Old 06-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Enthusiast

Yes you have to pull the wheel. And a word of warning, tape down the spiral switch and steering angle sensor. I didn't and got it off a turn (very bad). The first problem was it trashed the programming of the stability control system. It was quite strange. If I accellerated to over 10 miles an hour the car would think it was in a skid and stop itself. Even after I corrected the orientation of the sensor (rotated it back) I still had to reinitialize the system, a bit of a pain (requires scan tool). Secondly, a few thousand miles later, I got an air bag malfunction light and noticed some of the steering wheel controls were dead occaisionally. I had stressed the spiral switch. Replacing the spiral switch corrected all those issues. Bottom line, if you pull the wheel, don't move the angle sensor or spiral switch (taping in place is best). Regarding the wiring for the fog lights, I didn't use any of the OEM wiring. I just spliced into the XLE stalk and was done with it. Works/looks great and the lights are a definite improvement in visibility unlike most OEM fogs. I went through the firewall at the A/C grommet. It was easy to puncture and reseal.