K&n Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default K&n Air Filter

K&n Now Has An Air Filter For The 2007 Camry Hybrid. Has Anyone Used It, And Did You Notice Any Difference In Mpg Or Performance?

Old 02-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: K&n Air Filter

This is funny because I just asked in the thread titled 'How to remove the Air Filter' if there were any aftermarket filters available...LOL

What is the cost of the K&N filter? $40 - $50?

Old 03-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I just went over 15k so it was time to replace the air filter. Bought the K&N on EBay for $31 + $10 shipping. Will tell you after a couple tanks (I go thru a tank a week) if there has been any improvement in power or FE.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Enthusiast

I'm really interested to know about this, too. In my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland that I traded-in yesterday on my new TCH, I used a K&N air filter. It almost instantly took me from an average of 15 MPG to 17 MPG (hey, two MPG on a Jeep is a HUGE increase), so I'm really curious about how the TCH would behave with one.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

hi
what was the part #, i only see 2007 camry reg, same filter for hybrid as reg 2.4?
thanks
dan

Old 03-16-2007, 05:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

33-2260. The K&N site specifically says it fits a 2007 TCH. See http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2260

Old 03-16-2007, 09:20 AM

33-2260 is correct, it is the same filter as 2002-2007 2.4L I4. It is NOT the same part as the 3.5L v6.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

FWIW - We dyno (Dedicated Superflow 901 Engine Dyno - not Chassis Dyno) tested the K&N filter against a standard paper element filter on a 650 HP V8. The dimensions of the filter were 14" diameter - 4" tall. There was absolutely no difference in HP or BSFC (fuel consumption).

All else equal (factory filter is of sufficient flow capacity and is in good condition) -

I think that we may modify our driving styles to prove to ourselves that the aftermarket filter made a difference in FE / HP.

I also believe that controlled studies (where the driver does no know what filter is in the vehicle) will bear proof..

All that said -

There is a GREEN side to the story here. The K&N is re-useable after it has been properly washed, dried and re-oiled. That means less cr@p headed to the landfill.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
FWIW - We dyno (Dedicated Superflow 901 Engine Dyno - not Chassis Dyno) tested the K&N filter against a standard paper element filter on a 650 HP V8. The dimensions of the filter were 14" diameter - 4" tall. There was absolutely no difference in HP or BSFC (fuel consumption).

All else equal (factory filter is of sufficient flow capacity and is in good condition) -

I think that we may modify our driving styles to prove to ourselves that the aftermarket filter made a difference in FE / HP.

I also believe that controlled studies (where the driver does no know what filter is in the vehicle) will bear proof..

All that said -

There is a GREEN side to the story here. The K&N is re-useable after it has been properly washed, dried and re-oiled. That means less cr@p headed to the landfill.

What he said....

Old 04-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: K&n Air Filter - Results

Well, regardless of the dyno results, I bought one and do so for all my vehicles.

What I did was to install it without telling my wife, who primarily drives the TCH. This was so she wouldn't try to alter her driving habits. My observations were about a 1mpg better economy after two tanks now. What I don't know is what effect if any it would have if I tried to get better mileage over what the technique would yield alone. Give that current fuel prices rising my cost/benefit says it could be worth it especially given the fact that this is a reusable filter (saves $$).

Last edited by TXVTX; 04-07-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: K&n Air Filter

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands