Some mods can be gaudy - yours are really nicely done

Old 12-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Pics of newly modded TCH '08

Originally Posted by Mainer
wow - impressive

very distinctive

Some mods can be gaudy - yours are really nicely done
Thanks for the nice compliments. The goal was to add some nice touches to the TCH, and it looks like mission accomplished. The other additions coming are subtle ones - like 6000K HIDs (done) and fogs (coming soon).

Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

hi
those rims are off a rwd lexus, and back spacing problems?, what size tire do you have?
thanks
dan

Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camrydan
hi
those rims are off a rwd lexus, and back spacing problems?, what size tire do you have?
thanks
dan
My tire specs are in my sig file - 225/45/ZR18.

Believe me, the Camry riding on 18s is perfect!!! The ride is very supple, compliant without any wallowing. The car rides so well I forget they are lower profile tires... Except for a oh-so-slight road feel, you cannot tell its a Z-rated tire. It is that good. Another plus - my MPG has increased by 0.4 since I put on the 18s (went from 31.6 to 32.0mpg - with only 1200 miles on the car). Of course, I drive exactly same way with the 16s as with the 18s. If Toyota really want to make a killer Camry, they should equip them with better driving dynamics across all trims. I am not asking for Camry's to be RWD... but those 16" rims makes it way too soft a ride. Put some real larger rims and tires, tighten the suspension just a tad, and make the car drive like a car... Don't get me wrong, soft rides have their place in mainstream cars, but market indicator favors better driving cars. Check out the Lexus LS. Not too long ago, the car had 16s (my 1999 LS400 came with 16s). By 2003 MY, Lexus had upgraded to 17s and optional 18s. Today, the LS460 comes standard on 18s with 19s optional on their SP trim. And that is for a car supposedly luxury-biased....

I like the changes I made to my TCH. The improved ride makes it all worthwhile. If you wanna give it a shot for an improved ride, go for it. Don't go crazy or something with drops and braces and stuff like that. Keep it clean... you'll see the other side of your car... the one Toyota hides from everyone.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Latest mod - Fogs

Just added the fogs (superwhite Xenonblue bulbs). Installed and spliced with the low beams. No need for a fog stalk. Didn't have to remove the bumper either... Neat and clean install.

Side view

Close-up view

Old 12-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Latest mod - Fogs

Hi,
Did you have to change the fuse when you installed the fog lights? If not, do you get enough light for both the HID low beam and the fog lights? Where did you get your fog light? Thanks.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Latest mod - Fogs

Originally Posted by hybrid2
Hi,
Did you have to change the fuse when you installed the fog lights? If not, do you get enough light for both the HID low beam and the fog lights? Where did you get your fog light? Thanks.
No I didn't replace the fuse. The HID is 55W bulb and the fogs at 35W. The fogs had its own relay and harness, ditto the HID (ballasts and relay). The kits had everything you need for install to avoid any electrical glitches...

Yes I get plenty of light with both ON (see daytime pic below) and these are much much better at night, obviously

The road lighting at night is just fantastic... You cannot beat HIDs.. and the fogs do help a tad more for side markers.

I bought my fogs on EBAY and this is the kit I purchased: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB....cWON.m313.lVI

Hope the above answers your questions.

Last edited by rocket08; 12-19-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

hi
those rims just bolt on, any spacers or fitting problems?
thanks
dan

Quick Reply: Pics of newly modded TCH '08

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands