HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Another DIY: Honda Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Another DIY: Honda Homelink

Why do you need a homelink if you don't park in the garage?

Old 04-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Enthusiast

"... because I like to party"
- Cal Naughton Jr.

No seriously...
1) because I like to mod things, and add features I don't need.

2) becasue we're planning to move in the next 2 years...

3) and becasue it's very convenient to able to open the garage without having to go in the house an open the door... Even if you're not parking in it.

Last edited by Kennedy; 04-15-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Mic successfully transferred.

I have a spare Odyssey homelink module if anyone wants one. - $80 delivered.
3 months, still working great.

I still have one of these laying around if anyone wants it...

I had to pms last month asking for it, hadn't been here in WEEKS, must have missed out. If you guys are still out there, getback at me.
Thanks

Old 10-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast

Just did this mod yesterday and wanted to say that this thread and this site were a tremendous help. The posts from Orient Express were priceless! I had previously wired a garage door opener to pushbuttons installed in the maplight console, but it quit working (twice!). Hopefully this will last a lot longer! Thanks again!

Brian

Old 11-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

After reading this thread, I'm all primed to do this project. I took a photo of the map lights that I have.....

I have an '07 with the grey/silver headliner theme.

I do not have a built in Navi system (unavailable in Canada).

Q1: How do I pop off those lenses?
Q2: Since I need not worry about a NAVI Mic, is all that is required is 12V and ground and a connection to the headlamp system (for the LED)?
Q3: Will any recent (2005?-today) Honda Homelink module fit into my 2007 map light unit (please see photo)?

Much thanks

Cheers

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Another DIY: Honda Homelink-img_9419.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

to answer your questions, the homelink modules are pretty much the same. The one I got came from an Odyssey.

To remove the lenses, simply stick a thin screwdriver between the lens and the bezel at the pivot point, and pop out the lens. The instructions for this should be in your owners manual.

I'm not sure if the bezel from your light will accommodate a homelink module, once you have the lenses off, you can see if there is a cavity in the center of the bezel that will fit the module.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks. I got the lenses off. The center has some thin walls running thru it (not a show stopper), but...
Looking at the nibs that hold the full length lenses in place, the pattern is different than the photo on page 1 of this thread. Bottom line, I'd have to buy a map light frame as well as the 2 smaller lenses. Something to shop around for....

Old 11-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Yes the base is a different P/N for Navi and non-navi interior lights. A Navi interior light base is $24 and the lenses are $5 for the pair. All you need to add is a homelink module like this one for a $100. Once you have the parts, just follow my install DIY, and you are Golden.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orient Express
Yes the base is a different P/N for Navi and non-navi interior lights. A Navi interior light base is $24 and the lenses are $5 for the pair. All you need to add is a homelink module like this one for a $100. Once you have the parts, just follow my install DIY, and you are Golden.
OK, looks very straightforward. Too bad the E-Bay link item does not ship to Canada, or I'd be there in a flash.

As for the Navi interior light base and 2 lenses, since these are not available in Canada, I'd have to buy these over the counter at a Honda dealer in the states. Having said that, can you confirm the correct part numbers for the light base and lenses please?

Much thanks

Cheers

Mike

Old 11-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

I'm not sure what color of bezel is used with a grey headliner, so here are both parts numbers.

Interior light base
34404-SNA-A31ZB BASE *YR327L* TAUPE/IVORY
34404-SNA-A31ZD BASE *NH556L*BLUE

Lenses
34401-SDA-A21 LENS, R.
34402-SDA-A21 LENS, L.

In addition here is a mail order parts dealer that might ship to Canada.

Hondapartsdeals

Quick Reply: Another DIY: Honda Homelink

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands