HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Fog lights for 2007 HCH II

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Fog lights for 2007 HCH II

I'm looking to add some fog lights to my HCH II. All the units I see on E-Bay that say they are compatable with an '06 or '07 4 door Civic seem to come with a black plastic surround that should fit at each end of the under-bumper black plastic intake grille.

Does one have to remove and replace said lower intake grille or just cut the 2 ends off of the grille to fit the foglamps in place?

The 2006-2007 shop manual for the HCH II shows the curcuit diagrams for the optional fog lamps, so they must be able to go into this year of car.

Anybody else put fog lights into thier HCH II?

Thanks

Mike

Old 12-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog lights for 2007 HCH II

I've no answer - just encouragement to take pics and post if you do it yourself!!

Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Some of the wiring for Fog lights is already in the car, but the fog light kit includes a couple of shot pigtail cables, and the fog light switch. If you get the Honda kit, you get a new multi-function switch that includes the fog light switch.

Here is the schematic:

For the front bumper cover, one has to remove to cover and cut holes in it for the new fog lights. It is pretty straight forward, and takes a few hours to finish.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast

We had them installed by the dealer but have dealt with 2 broken lens covers. I finally had enough and replaced the glass covers with lexan. Basically used a process similar to the one in this thread: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/light...ement-diy.html. Why the heck would you use glass as covers for foglights that are so low to the ground? I am looking for bulbs that would match my HID's so any suggestions would be appreciated. The stock bulbs are too yellow.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Yellow bulbs are best for driving in inclement weather.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks everybody for the info. I did notice the in-car wires (when I installed the passenger side HID) that allow the optional fog lamps' circuit to go from the dash to the front of the car.

I'll keep researching. Once I do the job, I will capture it and post the pictures here.

Cheers

Mike

Old 12-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm looking to add some fog lights to my HCH II. All the units I see on E-Bay that say they are compatable with an '06 or '07 4 door Civic seem to come with a black plastic surround that should fit at each end of the under-bumper black plastic intake grille.

Buy the factory kit from college hills honda. Its only $250.00. Follow the link and go to the bottom of the list. There is the i nstallation pdf there as well.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hon...lectronics.htm

Old 12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by starman

Buy the factory kit from college hills honda. Its only $250.00. Follow the link and go to the bottom of the list. There is the i nstallation pdf there as well.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hon...lectronics.htm
Honda Canada really gouges on this, over $600CAN:

http://www.honda.ca/HondaCA2006/Mode...eID=649&Page=3

That's likely installed price though, but not sure.

About a month back we set out one morning that was a bit foggy, and my wife was asking about fog lights, how much, etc, which got me checking the the Honda Canada site. Just about what I'd expected for price: take a number that seems a bit too high, then double it.

Since that morning it hasn't been foggy once.

With one previous car I put on aftermarket fog lights. The process of installing them was ultimately more interesting/involving/rewarding than the lights themselves, we rarely needed them, and they didn't make a lot of difference. They illumininate the road edge marginally better, but pea soup fog is still pea soup...

I guess I tend to be negative on a lot of add-ons, just based on my past experience. Around the time you get the car tricked out just the way you like, it's trade-in time anyway

Last edited by Mendel Leisk; 12-15-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

guess I tend to be negative on a lot of add-ons, just based on my past experience. Around the time you get the car tricked out just the way you like, it's trade-in time anyway
I'll still do this job, much for the fun as well as the looks. I hope to get another 7 years and 3 months out of the car, so.......I'll buy the actual stalk switch as well. I'm picking up the parts while in Detroit this January. Once I'm home, I'll post the details of the job and total costs. I think it will be under $CDN 100 when all is said and done.

Cheers

Mike

Old 12-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

I hope to get another 7 years and 3 months out of the car,

Ha! I wonder if it would be wise to trade the car in a few months before the battery warranty runs out.

Quick Reply: Fog lights for 2007 HCH II

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands