HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Got the latest June '10 software update!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Got the latest June '10 software update!

After seeing a recent post about on cleanmpg.com for a June '10 release of new engine/battery management software, I had the update done this morning on my '09 HCH. Anyone else?

I'll report back here as I have a chance to observe the changes, and please feel free to do the same.

My drive home is a 2-mile uphill climb. In the past, a full charge at the start of the climb would leave me with 3-4 bars of charge remaining at the top of the hill. However, after today's update, I had an unprecedented and astounding SIX bars of charge remaining. I hope that it's a sign of things to come!

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 07-16-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Wink Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Steve,

My dealer near Buffalo, NY is not always "up on the latest" in hybrid technology. Is this usually a free service from a Honda dealer? Thanks and good luck.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Arrow Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Originally Posted by Donald
Is this usually a free service from a Honda dealer?
Donald, thanks for your reply – I was surprised that this topic has not received other comments. The three updates were covered under warranty.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Default Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

I have had one up-date with the software on my 2006. After that update I have been very happy with how my IMA is managed. Also my FE is way improved. I had this update in Jan this year. I have been reluctant to ask for more ,as some folks have not been happy with the results! I am very happy with my HCH2. H

Old 07-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

i had them last month, not much of a change, less recals

Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 PM

I don't have recals.I hope I never do. Sounds like a pain in the you know where! H

Old 07-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Called my dealer asking if there are any for my car. They claim none, according to Honda's system and per my Vin number. I did have TSB9-58 done a while back, but that was last year. Hmm, how do I get them to flash this years' updates in???
On a related note, finally found a gas station not using E10 and my drive home went from 42 to 48-50mpg

Old 07-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Arrow Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

I had a similar story. When I did my oil change a few weeks ago, I asked about any updates. "Nothing." Then I saw a post on cleanmpg.com with a reference and invoice for the updates. I emailed my service advisor, and he said to bring it in. The updates were dated June 10, I believe, so it might be chalked up to mere (?) ignorance.

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 07-21-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Steve, was there any US opcode/update number they've referred to this software by? I am looking at MSantos's receipt form Canada but that does not seem to ring any bells with my dealership in Upstate NY

Old 07-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just to update my recals are back, FE is down from 4.1L per 100 km last year same weather same drive, to 5.2 l per 100 km. I am at a loss and can't wait for my next service.

Quick Reply: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands