HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

TSB 08-014 Harsh Transmission Engagement

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Aspiring Hypermiler
Default Re: TSB 08-014 Harsh Transmission Engagement

My dealer, Garcia Honda in Albuquerque, said the same thing. "We could not replicate the harsh CVT engagement coming out of Autostop on your car". But to my surprise the next words out of the service writer's mouth was "Mr. Garber, we flashed the PCM software on your car to make sure you would not experience that problem". That made me happy. The service took just 20 minutes per the paperwork. The results are more than I could have hoped for and now my CVT operates exactly as it should (should have since day 1).

Old 05-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Call American Honda, Tell them about your experience, tell them the problem is sporadic but annoying when it happens, see if they cant get the flash done, I am betting they can....my dealer did the work without any testig as soon as I produced the TSB, prior to that, they didn't know anything about it.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast

Recently my 2006 HCH with about 19k started acting strangely. While driving steady state on the freeway the IMA assist would suddenly engage then disengage. Also the SOC would quickly drop then recover. Took it straight to the dealer Avery Greene Honda in Vallejo CA. They had someone look at it immediately.

The 12v battery was the problem. It was replaced and then they did several PCM flash updates. The PCM updates were suggested by the mechanic I did not have to ask for them. The car is now much smoother in and out of autostop, plus it seems to run more often in electric only and charges a bit more aggressively.

When I was shopping for a HCH in 2006 they were the only one the area that was not charging over MSRP. They have also been taking care of my 2000 Accord shortly after purchase and I could not be happier with their service.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Enthusiast

The update from my end is I have not had harsh engagement out of auto-stop yet since the PCM flash! I am very glad that I continued to push them to get this fix implemented. Seems as if it's really dealership specific when it comes to getting them to implement the changes. Still looking for feedback from anyone in Minneapolis on what dealership they use for things like this.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Enthusiast

I am going to see if mine should get updated it was not in the VIN list but they should be able to look and check if it needs updating. Taking it in wendsday for oil change and this.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

take a copy of the TSB, if they "check" it will probably come back not necessary.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Had the reflash done on my 07 at the same time as the rest of the A123 service (including transmission fluid change). Oddly enough the car feel different, but not fixed. I can still get it to lurch forward with a thump during low speed autostop. It also changed the way car behaves- the motor seems to be almost tied to the wheels more rigidly, so any input from the gas pedal translates into more immediate response, but also more "bucking". FE seems to be the same or slightly higher, but so i annoyance factor

Old 07-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast

Has anyone tried getting this done on a 2006 HCHII? I seem to be having the same problem and am having trouble getting a DC-area dealer to actually do something about it.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
fmp
Enthusiast

I know this is not supposed to be for the 2009 but my car (which is a 2009) does just this (lunging or jerking when i am coming to a stop and the engine shuts off). Based on what you all are saying, I'm guessing I will have a heck of a time getting the dealer to address this. Can't wait...

Old 10-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Cross-posting a response from here: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...tml#post212275

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

I requested my local dealer to apply TSB-08-014 last week. When they tried to flash the PCM, something went wrong, and the PCM module got screwed (according to the service personnel). They asked me to come back a few days later to get the PCM replaced.

Yesterday, they replaced the PCM ... and every since:

0) The car is assist-happy even at 3 bars (IMA battery)
1) My IMA battery has tended to stay at around 4 bars
2) I do not get any charging (green bars) when I coast or brake lightly to slow down. From time to time, the charging works but it is very occasional.
-- The only way I have gotten the battery charge above 4 bars is by driving harshly with lots of assist. The IMA goes down to 3 bars, and forced regen to about 6 bars of IMA battery.
3) Auto-stop does not work either. Irrespective of whether the engine has already warmed up / AC and defogger are off / battery charge is ~6 bars
4) MPG is down from 50 (city)/55 (HW) to 40 (city)

I took the car back in, and the technician did not know what was going on. He speculated that the new PCM might need "learning". He said he will contact Honda to check, and has asked me to drive a couple of hundred miles, and then call them again.

Any one else have any of these problems? Any suggestions? Please let me know - thanks!!

Cheers,
-ag

Quick Reply: TSB 08-014 Harsh Transmission Engagement

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands